What's the best pokemon game to play on a tablet?

Alterlai

Soo... I got a new nexus 7 gen 2 tablet and i want to pass the time when im not connected to internet. So what better solution than playing offline ;).

I used to play pokemon gold etc in my childhood and i think i like to try it again.

So what is the best / (newest) pokemon game to play with an emulator?

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 - Sound: Razer Characias

fire red and emerald.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Soo... I got a new nexus 7 gen 2 tablet and i want to pass the time when im not connected to internet. So what better solution than playing offline ;).

I used to play pokemon gold etc in my childhood and i think i like to try it again.

So what is the best / (newest) pokemon game to play with an emulator?

you can get ds ones but they i don't think they work on the tablet so it will be...

emerald

ruby

sapphire

gold

silver

red

blue

leaf green

fire red

pokemon pinball

that is with no order but my favorite pokemon game has to be silver worth a play imo. but they are all worth playing

main rig: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/GFvH7P

next upgrades. h440 . 8320.  possible liquid cooling AIO

you can get ds ones but they i don't think they work on the tablet so it will be...

emerald

ruby

sapphire

gold

silver

red

blue

leaf green

fire red

pokemon pinball

that is with no order but my favorite pokemon game has to be silver worth a play imo. but they are all worth playing

Doesn't DraStic DS Emulator not work properly? Or is it kinda flimsy?

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro

could you play pokemon on an ipod 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

could you play pokemon on an ipod 

Yes but the screen might be too small to be practical.

CPU:

Yes but the screen might be too small to be practical.

what app do i need to download 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Look up something about GBA4iOS and gpSPhone

CPU:

You would need to jailbreak your ipod to get gameboy emulators on it

My rig: i5 2500k, MSI Z77A G45, Gainward GTX 980 Phantom, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, OCZ ZT series 750W PSU, 1TB HDD, 800D, fully water cooled. I am currently working on modding my HAF 912+ to fit a custom loop, here is the build log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165963-project-viridis-water-cooled-haf-912/

I don't like newer Pokemon so I always recommend Fire Red/Leaf Green for 1st gen and Silver/Gold for 2nd gen and run them on a GBA emulator.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I don't like newer Pokemon so I always recommend Fire Red/Leaf Green for 1st gen and Silver/Gold for 2nd gen and run them on a GBA emulator.

The thing is, I already completed those games multiple times.

CPU:

You are missing out on a lot, then. I've started with Red version way back when and my fav gen is actually 5th with 2nd Gen being close. First gen has nostalgia, but the overworld map is boring. The remakes have way better mechanics, but mechanics after 4th gen were the best.

@Alterlai - maddogl gave a nice list. If you do try to play something like Heart Gold or Soul Silver, the roms might be piracy protected and thus after a certain point, the game just breaks. You should do a Nuzlocke run if you're going to play a main series game on an emulator. To me, vanilla Pokemon outside of a real cart is kinda eh. Make it a challenge to make things more interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

I have most of them on my phone and to be honest, you can really play whatever takes your fancy!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

this!

i loved silver/gold so so much, really liked fire red/leaf green aswell, but anything beyond that was a big nope.

I think the vast majority of people who got into Pokemon at the start gave up after Gold/Silver/Crystal. Unjustly I think. I know I did the same and only got interested again because it was something to get for the DS Lite I had at the time. Pokemon Pearl, Chimchar and Rotom. Hooked again, the new games are just as fantastic as the original.

If you want to get into Pokemon again find a 3DS and get the new ones that are out in like a week. Well worth it I reckon. If you just want to know what retro Pokemon is the best then I'd go for Pokemon Crystal. Purely based on my personal feelings of nostalgia towards that game. 

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I would say pokemon yellow or crystal.

Gen one was incredible broken. If you want your nostalgia fest play FRLG because they are in every way better that RBY. personaly if i was going to play one i would try and Find emerald 386( emerald where you can catch them all without trade) and if you want something that is truly fresh try DPP or BW/BW2 out of those platinum and the squeals are the most polished. There is HGSS but i hate those games with a passion and will not recommend them, try them if you want but don't complain about the touch controls

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Gold is the way to go.

Fire Red and Emerald Green are close seconds.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB