Strange sounds from Hard Drive

sohaibshtf

I was cleaning my cousin's pc,  it always caught too much dust so i do this time to time,  i deassembled whole pc, clean it and reassembled it,  and when i turn it on,  the hard drive started making strange sounds like 'something got stuck'  in it,  and the pc can't find it and it got stuck on bios,  i tried the hard drive on my pc and got the same  result,  so i wanna know is the hard drive dead or its just a minor problem or whats the intensity of the problem. 

hdd's that make bad sounds are a bad sign in most cases.

I would make a backup and get rid of it, there is a big chance it's dying.

It's usually a clicky sound, i usually compare it to the sound of an mx blue switch.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 hour ago, samcool55 said:

hdd's that make bad sounds are a bad sign in most cases.

I would make a backup and get rid of it, there is a big chance it's dying.

It's usually a clicky sound, i usually compare it to the sound of an mx blue switch.

can't make any backup,  it dies all of sudden,  one moment it was all good,  and when i replug it,  it gave me this situation,  and when i plug it in my pc as a secondary drive it crashed my bios..  and none of any pc can detect it 

28 minutes ago, sohaibshtf said:

can't make any backup,  it dies all of sudden,  one moment it was all good,  and when i replug it,  it gave me this situation,  and when i plug it in my pc as a secondary drive it crashed my bios..  and none of any pc can detect it 

Than it's dead... The only chance making a backup now is sending it to a recovery company, and they are not cheap, 100+ dollars depending on what's broken and no guarantee, but with most companies you only pay if the recovery is succesful.

If you have important data, search a good recovery company and send your drive to them, if there is nothing important on it, completely destroy it, especially the platters, and get rid of it.

That's if you have no warranty on it anymore, if you have warranty contact the manufacturer. But don't forget they replace the drive, not fix it. So if you have important data on it get that recovered before you get it replaced under warranty.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon