300CAD$ WHAT CAN I DO?

ImGodz

Hi, I have 300CAD$ what could I do to upgrade my pc? Any ideas? o.O

10 minutes ago, ImGodz said:

Hi, I have 300CAD$ what could I do to upgrade my pc? Any ideas? o.O

Well, you'll have to give us more information than that.

1) Your current configuration

2) Your use case.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

1 minute ago, Codymm03 said:

300 cad isnt that like $.10 US

WAAAAAAAAAAW xD

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

3 hours ago, Shahnewaz said:

Well, you'll have to give us more information than that.

1) Your current configuration

2) Your use case.

My case is a a ATX mid tower and my configuration is:

mother board gigabyte B75M 4 slot

Processor intel i5-3470 3.2 Ghz

24GB of RAM

Hard drive Western Digital 1TB

gigabyte radeon r9 270x 2gb

Power supply Thermaltake 700w

there you go :)  

4 minutes ago, Codymm03 said:

Pfff, isn't even a dollar

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

3 hours ago, Codymm03 said:

pretty much and that suck haha! but it's actually 235US$

3 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

Pfff, isn't even a dollar

don't try to be funny 10 years ago we had a much better economy than you guys ;) haha

I looked it up and a better power supply would be good and a ssd.

my power supply is still enough powerful, would it really change anything? and does an ssd increase gaming performance ?

7 minutes ago, ImGodz said:

24GB of RAM

Well, do you NEED to upgrade? I mean the R9 270X should hold you fine for quite a while.

If you need to upgrade, upgrade the GPU to an R9 380, and put up the 270X for sale. ;)

Edited by Shahnewaz

1 minute ago, ImGodz said:

my power supply is still enough powerful, would it really change anything? and does an ssd increase gaming performance ?

I have heard thermal take power supply going wrong and a ssd would make it way snappy i was on a wd red for ever then got a ssd and it made a world of difference

5 minutes ago, ImGodz said:

don't try to be funny 10 years ago we had a much better economy than you guys ;) haha

I am Canadian. My grandpa tells me that when Defenbaker was PM our dollar was worth so much countries wouldn't trade with us

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

3 hours ago, Shahnewaz said:

Well, do you NEED to upgrade? I mean the R9 270X should hold you fine for quite a while.

If you need to upgrade, upgrade the GPU to an R9 380.

Yea, I know I don't really need to upgrade but it would be cool to be able to all games at really high settings. (and I don't have enough money for the r9 380) haha

I have heard thermal take power supply going wrong and a ssd would make it way snappy i was on a wd red for ever then got a ssd and it made a world of difference

okay, thank you man I will check that! 

Put my vote for the SSD. Prioritize that before the power supply imho.

1 hour ago, ImGodz said:

and I don't have enough money for the r9 380

what if you sold your current card, and then used that money in conjunction with the $300 you already had to buy the R9 380. Or even better you could get yourself a GTX 970 :P 

Use the following spec style and help us spread the revolution to the rest of LTT!

"Rylo Ken"

Screenaninator: Asus Strix GTX 970 

Procrastinator:Intel I7 4790K @4.0GHZ

Stickaminator: Kingston HyperX Fury (2x8)

Powermathingy: EVGA 650 GS Fully Modular

attachamajiggy: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition

Remembrerthing: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB

Buttonboard: Corsair K70 RGB (browns)

Hearamagargle+talkamagargle: Logitech G35

See-A-Move-O: Logitech G502

get an ssd. watch jayztwocents's last video to see the type of difference it will make for you. 

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

29 minutes ago, ImGodz said:

24GB of RAM

get a 2500k or 2600k from ebay and oc it if you have a good cooler

36 minutes ago, ImGodz said:

24GB of RAM

if your mobo is compatible here ya go http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Intel-i5-3570K-Quad-Core-3-4GHz-SR0PM-Socket-LGA-1155-Ivy-Bridge-CPU-Processor-/131778371730?hash=item1eae9a6092:g:ncUAAOSw0QFXC~dS

MAKE DEAD SURE IT IS COMPATIBLE

7 hours ago, ImGodz said:

okay, thank you man I will check that! 

check to see which thermaltake psu you have before buying, thermaltake PSUs aren't all crap.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I would purchase a 240gb ssd (a cheaper one)

and maybe crossfire the r9 270x?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270X 2GB TurboDuo Video Card  ($213.00 @ Vuugo) 
Total: $297.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-13 09:57 EDT-0400

I've had my thermaltake PSU for almost 5 years now and haven't had any issues with it.  I don't understand why people are so concerned about PSU's now and days.  The only time i had one go bad on me was 13 years ago, and it was $20, and didn't supply enough power to the system.  

CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz 6-Core OEM/Tray Processor + Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX ATX AM3+ Motherboard Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive + Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive & Seagate Barracuda 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card Case: Rosewill THOR V2 ATX Full Tower Case + Thermaltake TR2 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter Monitor: Asus VK278Q 27.0" Monitor

Peripherals: Razer DeathStalker Wired Gaming Keyboard + Razer Abyssus Wired Optical Mouse Headphones: Bose SIE2i Orange Earbud Headphones + Mic: Kaxidy Stereo MIC

10 minutes ago, ShaunC said:

I've had my thermaltake PSU for almost 5 years now and haven't had any issues with it.  I don't understand why people are so concerned about PSU's now and days.  The only time i had one go bad on me was 13 years ago, and it was $20, and didn't supply enough power to the system.  

Its because a bad psu can cause your parts to be damaged and unusable if it craps out on you. Its better for us to spend just 10-20 bucks for a better psu instead of cheaping out and having the psu cost you hundreds or thousands in damaged parts.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

Its because a bad psu can cause your parts to be damaged and unusable if it craps out on you. Its better for us to spend just 10-20 bucks for a better psu instead of cheaping out and having the psu cost you hundreds or thousands in damaged parts.

If you're spending thousands of dollars on a PC, i would assume that you'd have to get a higher quality PSU to power it to begin with.  i feel like if you get either a cheap psu that is rated for much higher wattage than what you have will make ya pretty safe from it damaging anything, and anything rated 80+ or higher is safe.  In this case, for this older PC i wouldn't be very worried about the PSU since it has been functioning fine for years.  On pcpartpicker, the cheapest 700w thermaltake PSU is 80+ bronze so i'm confident to say that he does not need to replace it and that would should last him the life of the pc.

CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz 6-Core OEM/Tray Processor + Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX ATX AM3+ Motherboard Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive + Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive & Seagate Barracuda 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card Case: Rosewill THOR V2 ATX Full Tower Case + Thermaltake TR2 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter Monitor: Asus VK278Q 27.0" Monitor

Peripherals: Razer DeathStalker Wired Gaming Keyboard + Razer Abyssus Wired Optical Mouse Headphones: Bose SIE2i Orange Earbud Headphones + Mic: Kaxidy Stereo MIC