How to buy pc parts.

Thoaee1993

hey guys

im at the point where i got some cash for my future pc build.

tho im wondering how i should go about it.

should i just buy one part at the time, or save up and buy it all at once?

if i were to buy each item one by one, in wich order should i go about it?

i suppose i should buy GPU / CPU / mobo the last because pascal will come out relatively soon?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/DMdhsY

that is one of the builds im considering.

thanks in advance

8 minutes ago, Thoaee1993 said:

hey guys

i suppose i should buy GPU / CPU / mobo the last because pascal will come out relatively soon?

thanks in advance

if you have a list and have patience, why not just wait for a good deal on the parts. That being said though prices go up and down so buyers remorse is bound to happen. thats just how it is unfortunately, just remember to check where you bought the product from and see if they have a price match policy like amazon if the price drops within 7 days theys will refund the difference.

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

It's up to you how you buy your parts. Some people buy things when they're on sale, one item at a time. Others just want it all at once.

I sit in the middle - I'll buy an entire cart if enough things are on sale, otherwise I'll buy on sale items, meeting the minimum required for free shipping.

PC Partpicker is great because it will gather prices from various parts stores and give you the best price, but keep in mind you're buying from a bunch of places, instead of one single shop. Ths is fine, but get's annoying if you ever have to RMA anything because all your parts come from different retailers.

As @papapoi said, look for retailers that have online price match policies, and if you can, buy everything from one single retailer, price matching where needed.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

You can buy the "vital" parts first and get a functionnal PC (case, psu, mobo, CPU, ram and 1 drive), then when you have the cash, you get extra parts like GPU, better cooler (assuming you got a stock cooler), extra hdd.... 
At least you could have a functionnal comupter, even if it's running on onboard graphics, better than no computer at all for me.

17 minutes ago, Thoaee1993 said:

hey guys

thanks in advance

In my mind, it doesn't make sense to buy one or two parts at a time unless you're doing over the course of like a week or maybe a month. And yes if you're doing it paycheck to paycheck I completely understand, but if I had to choose I'd buy everything at once. That way nothing is sitting around and I can get to work immediately. Not everyone will agree but I think it's the most logical. Then again it might just be my OCD wanting everything at once, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Concerning price: shop around. But try to stick to one or two retailers. My main ones are Amazon and Newegg with emphasis on Newegg. I like their prices and their shipping speed is ridiculous for me see since a distribution center of there's is only like five hours south of me. So standard shipping, normally like 5-7 business days, sees my product at my door in like 48 hours. When it doubt: ASK! Find reviewers and get the community's insight.