Can i get away with going behind?

Hello all,

quick question - I have a rather small Micro ATX case (Jonsbo UMX3) that has little to no cable management built in. I am pretty happy with cable management I have done - simply wrapping & cable tying tidy little clusters BUT the 8 pin CPU power cable doesn't really want to play ball. Can I route the 8 pin cable BEHIND the ASRock Z170M Extreme4 mother board without issues? Between the mother board and the side of the aluminium case? I am pretty sure I can fit it behind - the question is - should I?!

I have included a diagram for your perusal.

cheers!

going_behind.jpg

If it fits and if it's not punktured by any wires that are sticking out behind the mobo, yeah, sure, why not?

CPU: Ryzen 3700X VGA: RX 5700 8G RAM: 32GB 3200MT/s DDR4 Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro

Storage: 2x1TB Crucial P2, 1TB Crucial MX500, 36TB NAS Cooling: Custom Loop 360mm & 280mm

PSU: Super Flower Golden Green HX 650W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

yes you can, just make sure the sharp solder points on the back of mobo don't damage the cable

about should you... idk... does the case have a window? it looks fine as it is

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

inb4 complaints of the Corsair RM series PSU

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I'm no expert you see - When I say "should I" - I have fears of the cable getting "choked"... or "overheating"...  or that the rear of the mobo needs to be perfectly clear...

That is why I ask...

oh and yes the case has a window - that is why I am being extra picky.

12 minutes ago, Fulgrim said:

inb4 complaints of the Corsair RM series PSU

But it's a RMx. They're great.

Hahaha, the title is a "thats what she said joke"

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

Well... I did it, and it looks super clean... well worth the extra effort - also (on a more practical level) it creates more room for GPU which was looking like it wasn't going to fit for a moment! :S It's a small case.

Thanks for the advice.