Buy a low capacity ssd and use a laptop hhd?

Go to solution Solved by MimigaKing,

6 minutes ago, AnAcidLemon said:

Hey, so I'm deciding in whether I should pick a 120 gb Samsung 850 series ssd or a 1tb Seagate blue hhd, now I have my old notebook hhd it's 500gb and I wouldn't mind using it. It uses Sata and I was able to connect it to my power supply to see if it works on desktop, I was wondering can I use it? It is slow but it doesn't matter, I would use the ssd for the most essential stuff. Thanks :)

Any drive will work with a desktop. Though if you got enough Sata ports/power cables, i'd recommend putting the OS on the SSD then the games on that 500GB HDD of yours. 

EDIT : Though a bigger SSD would definitely be better

Hey, so I'm deciding in whether I should pick a 120 gb Samsung 850 series ssd or a 1tb Seagate blue hhd, now I have my old notebook hhd it's 500gb and I wouldn't mind using it. It uses Sata and I was able to connect it to my power supply to see if it works on desktop, I was wondering can I use it? It is slow but it doesn't matter, I would use the ssd for the most essential stuff. Thanks :)

14604832131061895877003.jpg

6 minutes ago, AnAcidLemon said:

Any drive will work with a desktop. Though if you got enough Sata ports/power cables, i'd recommend putting the OS on the SSD then the games on that 500GB HDD of yours. 

Edited by MimigaKing

24 minutes ago, MimigaKing said:

Thanks I tought of doing that. I know, my hhd it's small haha, but thanks Ill go for the  ssd. :P