Sata SSD controllers, is Phison still the best?

Go to solution Solved by Mr.Meerkat,

nope, fastest SSDs are NVMe drives such as the samsung 950 pro or the intel 750 where the samsung uses their own samsung UBX controller and the intel 750 uses intel's own controller as well :D 

I remember a few months ago, maybe more than that I'm not sure, I was watching a tek syndicate video and Logan was talking about the corsair Neutron XT and how it used a Phison based ssd controller, and said it was the fastest.  What he said made sense, so I have been going for phison based ssds, but I was just wondering what exactly does the ssd controller do and how it perfects the performance of the ssd.  Also, is Phison still the fastest?

I can help with programming and hardware.

<Script>alert("This website is vulnerable to XSS");</Script>

nope, fastest SSDs are NVMe drives such as the samsung 950 pro or the intel 750 where the samsung uses their own samsung UBX controller and the intel 750 uses intel's own controller as well :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

oh yeah, i knew that, i didn't know what NVMe meant so i didn't think it was an ssd controller.  Thanks

I can help with programming and hardware.

<Script>alert("This website is vulnerable to XSS");</Script>