Corsair AF120 fans

Hello!

I'm just checking that are the Corsair AF120 120mm fans for cases and the Corsair SP120 120mm for radiators?

Does it matter do I put them front or back? Because I'm looking to buy two of these fans to the Phanteks eclipse p400s case and put them to the front of the case.

Also do I buy these fans to the case or Bitfenix spectre fans which are much cheaper? I read that they are really quiet too! :D

Thanks! :)

4 minutes ago, Varpin said:

Hello!

I'm just checking that are the Corsair AF120 120mm fans for cases and the Corsair SP120 120mm for radiators?

Does it matter do I put them front or back? Because I'm looking to buy two of these fans to the Phanteks eclipse p400s case and put them to the front of the case.

Also do I buy these fans to the case or Bitfenix spectre fans which are much cheaper? I read that they are really quiet too! :D

Thanks! :)

SP= static pressure= radiators

AF= Air Flow=case fan

Im Not Very Fancy Pancy With Spelling But My Rig Is Cleaner Than The Apple On A Teachers Desk!

3 minutes ago, Varpin said:

are the Corsair AF120 120mm fans for cases and the Corsair SP120 120mm for radiators?

AF fans are great at moving air flow with less resistance, the airflow are channelled usually for AF fans (means they go in a straight line), so you can "target" the fan at certain parts that you're trying to cool

SP fans are great at moving air flow with some resistance, though it'll do fine for less resistance as well, but the air flow is coming out at a wide angle (like a cone) so it isnt great for targeted cooling unless the thing you're cooling is right infront of it (ie. a radiator)

more about the types of fans `-`

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Varpin said:

Does it matter do I put them front or back?

front or back doesnt matter

though if you put both at front for intake, then your case will have positive pressure

if you put it at the back as exhaust, your case will have negative pressure

more about pressures and their benefits

Spoiler

personally i prefer positive air pressure near neutral for the best cooling and less dust buildup `-`

8 minutes ago, Varpin said:

do I buy these fans to the case or Bitfenix spectre fans which are much cheaper?

whichever fits your bill and build the best i guess :P

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately