Difference between Asus Xonar Essense STX and Phoebeus?

Cyrus

Just wondering.  (not a "audio pro")

Essence can change opamps and the Phoebus has many audio output options

If you are not "Pro Audio" then go for Phoebus if you like.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Phoebus comes with some funny dongle...

The STX has clinch and 6,3mm ports which the Phoebus doesn't have if I'm not mistaken.

Personally I'd pick the STX over the Phoebus.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Well on top of what everyone else already stated, the phoebeus has horrible driver problems and is pretty unstable, I wouldn't want either in my personal opinion though. The only benefit I see to the STX is being able to swap out OP amps.

Out of curiosity what headphones, headset, speakers, etc. do you use?

inb4 Mayflower, IF you serious about buying one of those, get an O2+ODAC combo, undoubtedly a better deal 

http://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/objective2-amplifer-with-odac.html

Well on top of what everyone else already stated, the phoebeus has horrible driver problems and is pretty unstable, I wouldn't want either in my personal opinion though. The only benefit I see to the STX is being able to swap out OP amps.

inb4 Mayflower, IF you serious about buying one of those, get an O2+ODAC combo, undoubtedly a better deal 

Read my mind!

Just a heads up, Linus will be doing a review on both the o2+ODAC combo, and the normal o2 amplifier. 

Keep on a lookout for the video, it should be up within a few weeks (Linus is away ATM).

We might be working on a coupon or savings offer if you are from the LTT forum, so keep your eyes out for that as well!

Read my mind!

Just a heads up, Linus will be doing a review on both the o2+ODAC combo, and the normal o2 amplifier. 

Keep on a lookout for the video, it should be up within a few weeks (Linus is away ATM).

We might be working on a coupon or savings offer if you are from the LTT forum, so keep your eyes out for that as well!

Great to hear. Never heard of your products so I hope to be impressed!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Ehm.... i just wanted to know really, aint planing on getting a soundcard any time soon cause... i have a siberia v2..

Read my mind!

Awesome, I'm glad Linus is doing other audio unboxings besides Xonar sound cards haha 

Ehm.... i just wanted to know really, aint planing on getting a soundcard any time soon cause... i have a siberia v2..

If you have that MSI G45 board then you will definitely be fine while using something like Siberia V2's.

In the future though if you plan on upgrading your audio solution do yourself a favor and try to refrain from buying a sound card :)

Awesome, I'm glad Linus is doing other audio unboxings besides Xonar sound cards haha 

You can partly thank @h264 for that. And @ShearMe  :wacko:

No problem, just letting you know that there's other options available. You'll obviously want to upgrade to real headphones before ordering anything high-end.

You can partly thank @h264 for that.

No problem, just letting you know that there's other options available. You'll obviously want to upgrade to real headphones before ordering anything high-end.

+1 headphones are always number one priority 

You can partly thank @h264 for that. And @ShearMe  :wacko:

Frankly I deserve very little credit.  It was a group effort with a very significant signature pool.  I just happened to take the point and write out what most people had been asserting for some time.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Just wondering.  (not a "audio pro")

I think the Phoebus is geared more towards just gaming......

Were the Essence is geared more towards music, movies, and gaming. A bit of

a mixture.

Personally, I would recommend the Essence(because I have one).

But you really can't go wrong with either.

I think the differnence is that one is slightly more a waste of money than the other.  If you look at your whole audio setup and what you intend to be doing with it, In most cases the best options always start with good headphones/speakers, then if necessary an external dac (they are simple, no complicating features that require software suppport (unless you need/want it) and that shoudl keep it soundoing good for many years.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I think the differnence is that one is slightly more a waste of money than the other. If you look at your whole audio setup and what you intend to be doing with it, In most cases the best options always start with good headphones/speakers, then if necessary an external dac (they are simple, no complicating features that require software suppport (unless you need/want it) and that shoudl keep it soundoing good for many years.

I think the differnence is that one is slightly more a waste of money than the other.

That's probably the best thing I've heard all week.

One card does stereo, the other 7.1, both are good at what they do and i'm among the chosen few who don't have problems with phoebus' drivers.

One card does stereo, the other 7.1, both are good at what they do and i'm among the chosen few who don't have problems with phoebus' drivers.

Give it time ;)