Phantecs PH-TC14PE vs Corsair H110i GT

meket

Hey guys first time poster here and a noob.

I'm currently building a new gaming rig and I'm a bit lost on which of the two cooling solutions I should use. My hardware is Asrock 990 fx Extreme 9, broken amd fx 8370 soon to be replaced with an fx 8350, 2x 2x4gb corsair vengeance, asus r9 390 8gb OC gaming and an EVGA SUPOERNOVA 750 G2 all neatly placed in a Cooler Master HAF X. The thing is that I have the H110i GT handy but it requires for the case to be modded thus voiding the warranty. On the other hand the PH-TC 14PE will need to be purchased and probably getting some new low profile RAM and I'm a little bit worried on the effect this beast of an aircooler might have on the case's airflow. I would really appreciate getting your thoughts on this.

Thanck you for your input. The thing is I have never used an AIO water cooler before and I'm a litle bit worried about leakage. Also I've used the PHANTECS cooler on a couple of friends' rigs and I'm fairly pleased with the results. No idea how the H110i GT fairs though.

48 minutes ago, meket said:

Thanck you for your input. The thing is I have never used an AIO water cooler before and I'm a litle bit worried about leakage. Also I've used the PHANTECS cooler on a couple of friends' rigs and I'm fairly pleased with the results. No idea how the H110i GT fairs though.

Corsair covers replacement for all damaged parts if it leaks but that cooler is fairly noisy so I would go with the NZXT x61 instead.

Also drilling 4 holes wont void the warranty since it is only for the electrical components.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

14 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Corsair covers replacement for all damaged parts if it leaks but that cooler is fairly noisy so I would go with the NZXT x61 instead.

Also drilling 4 holes wont void the warranty since it is only for the electrical components.

I was thinking of changing the fans with noctua ones to reduce noise. Hopefully that would solve the issue. It would be great if someone could suggest which fans to get.

3 minutes ago, meket said:

I was thinking of changing the fans with noctua ones to reduce noise. Hopefully that would solve the issue. It would be great if someone could suggest which fans to get.

the A12s should work

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

3 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

the A12s should work

The H110i GT uses 140mm fans. Shouldn't I get the A14s?

1 minute ago, meket said:

The H110i GT uses 140mm fans. Shouldn't I get the A14s?

Yes my mistake

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

Yes my mistake

Great. Thanks a lot. Also sorry for busting your balls but which a14s should I get? From what I see available there are PWM, ULN and FLX available and I can't really tell which I should use...

1 minute ago, meket said:

Great. Thanks a lot. Also sorry for busting your balls but which a14s should I get? From what I see available there are PWM, ULN and FLX available and I can't really tell which I should use...

ULN means that it has a low noise adapter built in

And you would probably want the PWM version for the most control

3 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

ULN means that it has a low noise adapter built in

And you would probably want the PWM version for the most control

Thanks a lot dude. Really. I was quite lost with all the different fans available.

7 minutes ago, meket said:

Just now, meket said:

Thanks a lot dude. Really. I was quite lost with all the different fans available.

Before you order the PWM model can you look at the H110 you have and see if the fans are 3 or 4 pin?

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Before you order the PWM model can you look at the H110 you have and see if the fans are 3 or 4 pin?

They are 4pin. Why?

Just now, meket said:

They are 4pin. Why?

That means they are PWM and therefore you want to replace them with PWM fans

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

That means they are PWM and therefore you want to replace them with PWM fans

Great. Thanks again...

I would not buy $40 worth of fans for a ~$120 cooler, I would just buy a better cooler if I was you like a Kraken X61. Also if you want silence I would just stick with the Phantek cooler since its going to be quieter due to having less moving parts, it uses heat to move its liquid around where as with a AIO cooler it uses a pump.