does it matter how i charge my phone with?

Mr Fister

does it make any difference if i charge my LG G3 with a Samsung charger or an iPhone charger or any other charger for that matter? is there any "risks"? 

Gaming Laptop: Dell G5 5587

not really, its all about the charging amps, your charger might supply 2 amps whilst some other charger only 1 amp, then it would charge at half the speed, but using a 2 amp charger wont make your phone charge quicker if its not compatible with 2 amp charging(also called quck charging or similar)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

In theory, they should all follow the USB standard. I have no idea if this happens in practice though. If all you want is a universal charger, then just plug it into a powered USB port on a computer or laptop. 

As for what @Bananasplit_00 said about the amps, plugging in a 1 amp phone to a 2 amp charger could kill the phone if the charger isn't smart enough to downgrade it's amperage (and I doubt that it is).

Both sort of right,

1. You can plug any usb charger into any usb device. AKA plugging a iphone into say a battery bank that can supply 2.1A or 100A for that matter the phones charge circuitry will only take the current it needs. Like putting a lightbulb in , in theory you have a wire straight from Live to neutral it should go BANG but the Light bulb only takes the current it needs.

2.Quick charge is different and is only supported by certain things. it needs a compatible charger and phone. 

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

1 minute ago, phillrulz said:

Both sort of right,

1. You can plug any usb charger into any usb device. AKA plugging a iphone into say a battery bank that can supply 2.1A or 100A for that matter the phones charge circuitry will only take the current it needs. Like putting a lightbulb in , in theory you have a wire straight from Live to neutral it should go BANG but the Light bulb only takes the current it needs.

2.Quick charge is different and is only supported by certain things. it needs a compatible charger and phone. 

whats the maximum amps an LG G3 can take for that matter? is it matter if i charge with 1.8 amps or 2.1?

5 minutes ago, Mr Fister said:

whats the maximum amps an LG G3 can take for that matter? is it matter if i charge with 1.8 amps or 2.1?

Not got a clue doesnt seen to be any data out there, personally i charge everything with either 2 or 2.1amp usb chargers. that wat they can take as much as they like. I have one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerPort-Family-Sized-Technology-Motorola/dp/B00PK1IIJY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1460245790&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=anker+charger&psc=1 use it to charge all my stuff has 6x 2.1amp usb sockets which limit to 2A when all populated. Works good for me other night had i think it was 5 iphones and a power bank from it all charging fast. 

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

1 minute ago, phillrulz said:

Not got a clue doesnt seen to be any data out there, personally i charge everything with either 2 or 2.1amp usb chargers. that wat they can take as much as they like. I have one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerPort-Family-Sized-Technology-Motorola/dp/B00PK1IIJY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1460245790&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=anker+charger&psc=1 use it to charge all my stuff has 6x 2.1amp usb sockets which limit to 2A when all populated. Works good for me other night had i think it was 5 iphones and a power bank from it all charging fast. 

ooo wow thats an overkill charger lol.

got anything for a single unit?

in addition does it matter which USB cable i use? if its Chinese or the legit one? 

9 minutes ago, Mr Fister said:

Just look up te stock charger and read for amp. 

If the latter is a choice, 1.8 is a safer bet and 2.1 is faster, but just read the charging or batter specs. A quick google for lg g3 charge turned up several 1.8amp results

Honestly I've used impromptu chargers without an issue but thats not to say its everyones case. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

1 minute ago, Mr Fister said:

in addition does it matter which USB cable i use? if its Chinese or the legit one? 

Thats hit and miss, some cheap ones will comp out or have a crap conductor or some are just as good. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

Just now, Mr Fister said:

Alot of the time usb chargers are generic, just go for a 2 or 2.1amp one, must say that overkill one is built like  brick, it passes the shit test aka you squeeze it and nothing happens no creaking no compression. As For cables..... thats a shit storm in the making... ive tried "premium" para cord braided ones and found the apple stock to be the best. However you want to keep length 1 metre or less the longer the cable the slower and more voltage you will lose.