Build help

Muzzy2002

20 minutes ago, kingatlas said:

In that case, you can actually afford windows

He already can.

10 minutes ago, Donahoy17 said:

So for the past couple months I've been dwelling on the topic of AMF vs.Intel for the cpu in my build for college;not because I'm a fan boy of one or the other but because I'm torn by their options. I'll be doing a lot of cpu intensive forensic data recovery and I can't quite seem to find a straight answer as to whether the software I'll be using will leverage straight cpu cores like I could have on an AMD Fx 8350 or if hyperthreading on an I7 would really knock it out of the park.

Any suggestions from people who do a lot of processor heavy work?

For future reference, you should probably just start a new thread to ask questions like these. As for your question, your in the course but you don´t know if what you´re doing takes more cpu cores? Ask a professor. Besides, programs see threads as their own core, so the hyper threading will work either way.

10 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

For future reference, you should probably just start a new thread to ask questions like these. As for your question, your in the course but you don´t know if what you´re doing takes more cpu cores? Ask a professor. Besides, programs see threads as their own core, so the hyper threading will work either way.

Yeah, I accidentally clicked the one I typed this is, I've since removed and revised my question, and made a new thread for it. As for the professor, he's a cool guy but the answers are never straight, one moment he recommends an i5 next he talks about how the labs use i7 and then he jumps into buying a mac. 

3 hours ago, Muzzy2002 said:

So which one should I go with to fit my needs as well as I need to be able to play gta v at some decency

Every build in this thread had different secondary priorities, but they all have the same video card and CPU, which is what matter in games. Stuff that's different usually involves aesthetics and board/case features (I tried to make my build have a decent case with a window for aesthetics).

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide