ASRock Unveils the Fatal1ty Z87 Killer Series Motherboard

Ethnod

Its not badly speced to by honest:

8 phase digital power design (Hi-Density power connectors and gold solid-state capacitors)
4 memory slots that support up to 64 GB of DDR3-3050 memory
three PCI-Express 3.0 x16 and 4 PCI-Express 2.0 x1
six SATA 6GB/s ports
rear I/O is made up of four USB 3.0 ports
three USB 2.0 ports
Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2200 Series Gigabit LAN port
a Fatal1ty mouse port
7.1 channel audio
VGA, DVI, HDMI out and HDMI in.

Personally I love MSI and Asus Mobos myself, never found AsRock that interesting but this looks nice tbh

Source:

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/asrock-unveils-the-fatal1ty-z87-killer-series-motherboard/

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157377

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/ASRock-Fatal1ty-Z87-Professional-Motherboard/1798/8

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1793/pg2/z87-motherboard-roundup-july-2013-asrock-fatal1ty-z87-professional.html

Edit for more links to be added

Edited by Ethnod
Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Any idea on the pricing on this?

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

>ASRock

>Fatal1ty

That's two for two. Do not want. :P

Any idea on the pricing on this?

Article did not say that I could see

[edit]

Newegg has it down as $199

Source:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157377

Edited by Ethnod
Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

>ASRock

>Fatal1ty

That's two for two. Do not want. :P

Any particular reason you're hating on ASRock?  Have you had bad experience with them?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Any particular reason you're hating on ASRock?  Have you had bad experience with them?

Mainly the mixed reviews I read on them and for this particular sku, why not just get an Asus board?

Am I see this right, is that PCB brown? or is it in fact black and just looks brown in the pic

| Corsair 900D | i7-4770K | ASUS Maximus VI Formula | SLI ASUS Geforce GTX780 | EK & Alphacool WaterCooling | 

| Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 32GB | | Two Corsair Neutron GTX Series 240GB SSD | Corsair AX1200i |

| Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Two Seagate Barracuda 4TB  | Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit |http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189392-corsair-900d-sli-watercooled-refresh-and-new-setup/#entry2550514

Why does everything have to be Fking red...

Why does the majority of peripherals and hardware with accented lights have to be Fking blue... :ph34r:

Mainly the mixed reviews I read on them and for this particular sku, why not just get an Asus board?

because my personal experience has been better with ASRock than Asus

(speaking about ASRock in general, not Fatal1ty specifically)

and for the record, there are bad reviews out there for every single product in existence 

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

4 memory slots that support up to 64 GB of DDR3-3050 memory

4 slots supporting up to 64 GB? isn't the highest haswell supports 32 GB and the highest density Ram for sale only in 8GB sticks for consumers?

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

I just dont trust asrock right now. Linus was trying to use a asrock motherboard in one of his personal rig upgrades it had that loud fan. The loud fan wasnt the issue. The real issue is that asrock hasnt realized gamers dont want loud motherboards or that putting a plx chipset and a higher end raid card will create too much heat

I just dont trust asrock right now. Linus was trying to use a asrock motherboard in one of his personal rig upgrades it had that loud fan. The loud fan wasnt the issue. The real issue is that asrock hasnt realized gamers dont want loud motherboards or that putting a plx chipset and a higher end raid card will create too much heat

I had a version (I had the X79 extreme7, he was looking at an extreme11) of that motherboard.  You can manually control that fan in the BIOS down to an inaudible speed (don't remember if you can turn it off completely).  It doesn't come on till the southbridge reaches a certain temp though.  This is more Linus's fault for not being able to figure that out than it is ASRock's fault.

4 slots supporting up to 64 GB? isn't the highest haswell supports 32 GB and the highest density Ram for sale only in 8GB sticks for consumers?

I dunno man I was just reading from their website :D

Like I said, I am a MSI and Asus man myself, just thought its looks were not bad :)

I dunno man I was just reading from their website :D

Like I said, I am a MSI and Asus man myself, just thought its looks were not bad :)

I only posted posted because it just seamed a bit curious.  ;)

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

I only posted posted because it just seamed a bit curious.  ;)

I was not sure myself so I got curios and went looking, as I suspected its not the CPU that has the limits its the Mobo and the OS

Source:

http://www.crucial.com/kb/answer.aspx?qid=3743

I had a version (I had the X79 extreme7, he was looking at an extreme11) of that motherboard.  You can manually control that fan in the BIOS down to an inaudible speed (don't remember if you can turn it off completely).  It doesn't come on till the southbridge reaches a certain temp though.  This is more Linus's fault for not being able to figure that out than it is ASRock's fault.

yes but still i dont trust asrock as of right now. I just have one question for the asrock extreme 11. Cav you disable the plx chip on the bios?

yes but still i dont trust asrock as of right now. I just have one question for the asrock extreme 11. Cav you disable the plx chip on the bios?

trust? what exactly do you mean by that?  and any other reason than Linus not knowing he can turn off the southbridge fan? (just to clarify, not trying to start sh*t, genuinely curious)

If the extreme11 question is directed at me, idk, I didn't have that mobo

Price seems a but high IMO but the z87 motherboards are so rich in features i just wish the CPU were better overclockers. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Thats a lot of sata cables lol. The image on the chipset looks weird imo but your gpu would probably cover most of it so its fine. Like their naming on their features (ex. FAN-Tastic Tuning and Asrock OMG). :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

trust? what exactly do you mean by that?  and any other reason than Linus not knowing he can turn off the southbridge fan? (just to clarify, not trying to start sh*t, genuinely curious)

If the extreme11 question is directed at me, idk, I didn't have that mobo

its not really because of linus. I used to own a asrock motherboard it was broken and i sent it in and i got another and it also was doa

its not really because of linus. I used to own a asrock motherboard it was broken and i sent it in and i got another and it also was doa

which one if you don't mind my asking?

why do people put numbers into their words like it's chic or something?

Fatal1ty?

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case