Quadcopter build

Dobbsjr
Go to solution Solved by Grunilg,

Looks good.
If you plan on expanding your hangar with more aircraft, i'd recommend a better Transmitter like the Turnigy 9XR or FrSky Taranis.
Also: A 3D-printed Frame will break on impact and trust me, you will crash sometime, so better ahve some spare lying around.

Additional Stuff:
-More Props (can also be 6045). They will break almost every Crash. Also: in different Colors helping you determine the heading of your Copter better.
-You'll need a Power Distribution Board (PDB) to solder the ESCs and Battery Lead onto: http://www.banggood.com/Lantian-Mini-5V-3-4S-PDB-Power-Supply-Distribution-Board-for-FPV-Racer-p-1045186.html
-A battery Lead with the Female connector of your Battery
-More than one Battery
-Counterclockwise (and Clockwise) M5 Nuts, you'll probably lose the ones included with you Motors
-Zipties, Double-Sided-Tape
-Velcro-Straps to secrure the Battery
-Banana Plugs for connecting ESCs and Motors: http://www.banggood.com/Amass-2_0mm-Banana-Plug-AM-1002C-Male-Female-20-Pair-p-999232.html
-Shrink Tubing:http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-42pcs-21-Polyolefin-H-type-Heat-Shrink-Tubing-Tube-Sleeving-Black-Red-p-66920.html
-Battery Voltage Warning: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-1S-8S-Li-po-Battery-Voltage-Tester-Checker-Indicator-Monitor-Buzzer-Alarm-p-26049.html

My Qwopter, very similiar to what you have planned (same ESCs, motors, but 6045 Props):
DSC_0209.JPG

Hello, LTT forum. Long time no see :P

I'm planning to build a quadcopter and this parts list I've come up with.  I already have a 1500mah 3S battery and charger. I'm planning to 3D print the frame.

If there is anything that I'm missing, please let me know. 

Did my post help you? Then make sure to rate it!

Check out my post on symbolic links! || PSU ranking and tiers || Pokemon Thread

Looks good.
If you plan on expanding your hangar with more aircraft, i'd recommend a better Transmitter like the Turnigy 9XR or FrSky Taranis.
Also: A 3D-printed Frame will break on impact and trust me, you will crash sometime, so better ahve some spare lying around.

Additional Stuff:
-More Props (can also be 6045). They will break almost every Crash. Also: in different Colors helping you determine the heading of your Copter better.
-You'll need a Power Distribution Board (PDB) to solder the ESCs and Battery Lead onto: http://www.banggood.com/Lantian-Mini-5V-3-4S-PDB-Power-Supply-Distribution-Board-for-FPV-Racer-p-1045186.html
-A battery Lead with the Female connector of your Battery
-More than one Battery
-Counterclockwise (and Clockwise) M5 Nuts, you'll probably lose the ones included with you Motors
-Zipties, Double-Sided-Tape
-Velcro-Straps to secrure the Battery
-Banana Plugs for connecting ESCs and Motors: http://www.banggood.com/Amass-2_0mm-Banana-Plug-AM-1002C-Male-Female-20-Pair-p-999232.html
-Shrink Tubing:http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-42pcs-21-Polyolefin-H-type-Heat-Shrink-Tubing-Tube-Sleeving-Black-Red-p-66920.html
-Battery Voltage Warning: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-1S-8S-Li-po-Battery-Voltage-Tester-Checker-Indicator-Monitor-Buzzer-Alarm-p-26049.html

My Qwopter, very similiar to what you have planned (same ESCs, motors, but 6045 Props):
DSC_0209.JPG

i7-4790k | Prolimatech Megahalems Red Series | VII Gene | 16GB Corsair Veangeance | MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G | 2x120GB Sandisk SSD | 1TB HDD | Seasonic G-Series 550W
Bitfenix Prodigy M red

i7-4790k | Prolimatech Megahalems Red Series | VII Gene | 16GB Corsair Veangeance | MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G | 2x120GB Sandisk SSD | 1TB HDD | Seasonic G-Series 550W
Bitfenix Prodigy M red

4 hours ago, Grunilg said:

9 hours ago, Grunilg said:

Reveal hidden contents

DSC_0209.JPG

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. Is the heat shrink needed when soldering the ESCs and motors? Also, is there any major difference between the prop types? (e.g. 5030, 5040, 6030 etc)

4 hours ago, Dobbsjr said:

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. Is the heat shrink needed when soldering the ESCs and motors? Also, is there any major difference between the prop types? (e.g. 5030, 5040, 6030 etc)

Unless you find a way to isolate the three wires from touching each other, heatshrink tubing is needed.
More pitch (second half of the propnumber) means higher top speed but slower acceleration.

Bitfenix Prodigy M red

4 hours ago, Grunilg said:

Unless you find a way to isolate the three wires from touching each other, heatshrink tubing is needed.
More pitch (second half of the propnumber) means higher top speed but slower acceleration.

The banana plugs aren't necessary, right? I can just solder the motor and esc directly.   

Never built quadcopters before, but I always had the idea of using FR4 PCB as the frame for a drone. It's strong and you could use it as power distributor for your drone. Just my 2c.

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

2 hours ago, Dobbsjr said:

The banana plugs aren't necessary, right? I can just solder the motor and esc directly.   

Of course, but at first you have to determine the direction of rotation of your motors and may or may not to swap two connections to reverse it. Instead of having to clamp you cables together while building and only being able to solder after determining the direction of rotors seems like a hassle to me. Having disconnectable motors may also make repairs easier.

Bitfenix Prodigy M red

Please for the love of all things silicon, don't 3D print a frame. I have first hand experience and even rough landings would set me back hours in printing replacement parts.

Rip my horus kestrel.

20160228_182940.jpg

Soldering your motors directly to the ESC is the way to go. It allows for a cleaner build and just gets rid of extra weight. Also consider getting 20 amp ESC's for the extra headroom. It really depends on what you're doing and how hard you're flying your quad. And what about FPV gear? That's kinda the whole fun with mini quads, I recommend the Quanum DIY goggles if you're on a tight budget, or if you can afford it, the fatshark predator v2 kit.

Also you are going to need a way to charge those batteries, so get a basic 4 button 2-6S lipo ballance charger and a cheap computer powersupply with a 12V positive and ground lead exposed.

ASU