Corsair Hydro Series HG10 N980 is it worth a go?

RIght then, first post on here. First time noob for tinkering with the cooling of a Graphics Card. Im looking at water cooling my 980ti (Infin8 Black Edition). Wondering if this is a good way to go? Anyone got one installed at the minute or had one installed previously can give me there thoughts on it? Basically looking to reduce the noise of the card and think the aesthetics would benefit also.

Link to the product in question:

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/hydro-series-hg10-n980-gpu-liquid-cooling-bracket

Link to my GPU (If anyone could confirm it will fit?!)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/kfa2-geforce-gtx-980ti-infin8-black-edition-6144mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-080-kf.html

it looks like the corsair cooler wont actually touch the vrms and some other heat producing components on your card. Not sure how big of a difference that will make, but a full cover block is always the better choice IMO. If you can afford it, I'd go with a custom loop. maybe look at EKWB's watercooling kit or doing full custom. they do have pre-filled gpu waterblocks to add to  the loop with the added benefit of looking way more sexy than the corsair thing. If that's not your style, look into the NZXT kraken g10. it's a little less expensive, but Paul's Hardware did a nice review on it and says it's pretty good. Good luck, sir!

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

if your GPU is a reference designed card, then yes, it'll fit. but your card is not a reference card (shares the giggy WF3 PCB).

mastafu is right, there is no contact for the VRM, but deffo not needed as the fan is literally on top of the VRM for cooling. so no need to direct contact.

200e3242_HG10_N980_06.png

I tried it, temps were pretty good and install was easy. Even bought a new h100i to slap on it. Couldn't fit it in my case well as the tubing was very ridged and ended up breaking a standoff and cause me to over heat. After that I gave up on aio's and ordered everything for a custom loop. Temps are much better and easier to deal with over all, kinda.

Card went from 65-70c to 50-50c. Great improvement. But I wanted more. So custom loop got me down to 40-43c. All fans and pump are at 50%. Aio couldn't do that.

That hg10 bracket was on fire too, I forgot how hot vram got which was another reason I wanted to go custom.

It will get you better temps and cheaper then aio. Just make sure its gonna fit and don't expect too much.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Thanks guys, I think ill hold off and start saving a researching on custom loop cooling.