2.5inch mass storage for RVZ02 SilverStone

Trav_X

Are hybrid drives worth it? I need at least like 700+ GB's for mass storage in a 2.5inch for factor. I know there are 2.5 inch Hard Drives, but how they work with an SSD cache and weird stuff like that I don't know how it works. Are there compatibility stuff and like stuff I have to change settings wise? I just want my 240GB boot + GTAV + CSGO SSD, and then something for mass storage. The RVZ02 only supports 3 2.5" drives, so I can't use my existing 3.5" 1TB WD drive. Please help :) are hybrid drives my solution?

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

You could buy a core 2 duo machine on EBay for around that price and hook it up to your network as a dedicated server, a lot more fun and versatile!

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Just now, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

You could buy a core 2 duo machine on EBay for around that price and hook it up to your network as a dedicated server, a lot more fun and versatile!

I've never really tried out a personal home server, might be something to try in the future :D although I do want some games on it, and I don't know how that works with servers I stuff. I know file storage is good, but like calling games from it.....

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

No, the hybird drives aren't worth it that's why there are just a few of them out there.  You can use a Toshiba MQ01ABD 1TB 2.5". 

2 minutes ago, Trav_X said:

I've never really tried out a personal home server, might be something to try in the future :D although I do want some games on it, and I don't know how that works with servers I stuff. I know file storage is good, but like calling games from it.....

I actually have that setup and while the load times are a bit longer than having it installed on a HDD inside you're system it's not that bad actually, and I'd say only 10-15% longer.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

12 hours ago, astranger200 said:

get a 1tb ssd...

If it's more budget friendly, a HDD would be better for just plain mass storage if possible

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

12 hours ago, RadiantLc1 said:

No, the hybird drives aren't worth it that's why there are just a few of them out there.  You can use a Toshiba MQ01ABD 1TB 2.5". 

Thanks I'll be sure to check that out :) 

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6