Monitor flickers randomly

Hello and thanks for checking this out

My monitor has recently started acting strange, sometimes when I open a webpage, the monitor gets crazy, it starts flickering.

Last time it went bananas, the screen had grey lines all over the place, and stuff like that.

What is the thing causing this problem? And what can I do about it?

-Crafting

Main Rig: CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 GPU: GTX 1070 MSI Armor OC RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz CASE: Cooler Master Storm Trooper SSD: Samsung 850 250GB HDD: 2TB Seagate Peripherals: Monitor: 27'' QHD 144Hz Acer XF270HUA Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ (Cherry MX Brown)

does it happen with other PCs?

if it doesnt then your GPU is having artifacting issues

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Im running a multi-monitor setup, and it only happens on my main monitor.

I'll quickly test it with my laptop

-Crafting

Main Rig: CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 GPU: GTX 1070 MSI Armor OC RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz CASE: Cooler Master Storm Trooper SSD: Samsung 850 250GB HDD: 2TB Seagate Peripherals: Monitor: 27'' QHD 144Hz Acer XF270HUA Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ (Cherry MX Brown)

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Just tested with my laptop, no difference, the flickering is still there.

By flickering, I hope I mean the right thing, but it's like I can see the monitor blinking, and sometimes it goes crazy.

-Crafting

Just now, Crafting said:

Just tested with my laptop, no difference, the flickering is still there.

By flickering, I hope I mean the right thing, but it's like I can see the monitor blinking, and sometimes it goes crazy.

-Crafting

try using a different cable

if its not the cable then try to RMA

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

try using a different cable

if its not the cable then try to RMA

Well, the cable replacement did not help anything, guess I'll have to RMA as it must be the monitor.

-Crafting

If you are using multiple monitor setup swap the monitors around first with windows then physically via cable and see if the problem jumps monitor. 

MSI Nightblade MI2

CPU: Intel i7 6700. Motherboard: MSI B060. RAM: 16GB HyperX Impact. GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 970. Case: Nightblade MI2. Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue, OCZ 120GB and 125GB M.2. PSU: Custom 350w Bronze. Display(s): BenQ 24" & 50" Samsung TV. Keyboard: Logitech G15. Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution. Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

5 minutes ago, Ruhel said:

If you are using multiple monitor setup swap the monitors around first with windows then physically via cable and see if the problem jumps monitor. 

The monitors are not the same, but I put VGA to the primary monitor, but the flickering is still there.

Could this be a software issue with a recent program installment?

-Crafting

If the problem is on a different monitor than it was originally then it could be a number of things.  If like you said a different cable did not solve the issue then it is most likely the monitor.  

MSI Nightblade MI2

CPU: Intel i7 6700. Motherboard: MSI B060. RAM: 16GB HyperX Impact. GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 970. Case: Nightblade MI2. Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue, OCZ 120GB and 125GB M.2. PSU: Custom 350w Bronze. Display(s): BenQ 24" & 50" Samsung TV. Keyboard: Logitech G15. Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution. Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

2 minutes ago, Ruhel said:

If the problem is on a different monitor than it was originally then it could be a number of things.  If like you said a different cable did not solve the issue then it is most likely the monitor.  

I tried to record the screen, with software when it went crazy, but it did not detect any flickering. I filmed with my phone too, but realized that phones can't record screens because of the Hz.

-Crafting

Just now, Crafting said:

I tried to record the screen, with software when it went crazy, but it did not detect any flickering. I filmed with my phone too, but realized that phones can't record screens because of the Hz.

-Crafting

Thats fine. If it was me I would completely remove the monitor and cable (the one that is flickering) and only plug your second monitor in. That way you know for sure it is the monitor. 

MSI Nightblade MI2

1 minute ago, Ruhel said:

Thats fine. If it was me I would completely remove the monitor and cable (the one that is flickering) and only plug your second monitor in. That way you know for sure it is the monitor. 

Sounds like a good idea, I will do that, hopefully the RMA will go great...It must be the monitor at this point..

What we concluded is working fine:

Cables

GPU-HDMI output

-Crafting

1 minute ago, Crafting said:

Sounds like a good idea, I will do that, hopefully the RMA will go great...It must be the monitor at this point..

What we concluded is working fine:

Cables

GPU-HDMI output

-Crafting

Yeah. This way you know all your other equipment is working fine.

MSI Nightblade MI2