CHEAP BUT AWESOME!!!!!!!

i does the youtube lol did this one a couple weeks ago!

Specs:

AMD X4 860k

EVGA GTX 770 2Gb

750w PSU (overkill but you get what you can get)

8Gb PNY 1600 RAM

random Toshiba 250Gb HDD

MSI A88XI

clock

So it started out getting the parts, which when it was all said and done the running rate of the parts used  and materials was around $525. Most the parts are used except the motherboard. Choosing to find parts among craigslist and ebay can be risky, since the 860k was delivered in a cut up box and had a crap load of bent pins. After bending them back i built the system, and all that jazz to make sure it is running well and then head to Lowes.

Got two 12" x 24" 1" red oak, a large sheet of stainless steel, screws and nuts and bolts.

the video shows how it all is put together. 

if I did it all over again, i would probably find another pci cable to move the GPU over to the right of the board and shorten the overall build. I'll also need to figure out a better mounting solution for the gpu. it's currently just held on with command strips.

Emphasis on cheap. 

Could you give some specs, for those of us who are on mobile with not much data left. 

- snip-

2 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Emphasis on cheap. 

Could you give some specs, for those of us who are on mobile with not much data left. 

amd x4 860k

gtx 770

Just now, Supercian411 said:

amd x4 860k

gtx 770

In that case (lel) I would've gone for a cheaper GPU and better monitor. The x4 is bound to bottleneck, and in a lan a nicer monitor would be better than a bottlenecked gpu. 

- snip-

Just now, MrDynamicMan said:

In that case (lel) I would've gone for a cheaper GPU and better monitor. The x4 is bound to bottleneck, and in a lan a nicer monitor would be better than a bottlenecked gpu. 

the gpu was from an old build 

1 minute ago, Supercian411 said:

the gpu was from an old build 

Hmm. Then I probably would've of downgraded. I'm really picky for monitors, and I couldn't stand that one. 

- snip-

pretty cool TBH thats really cheap for something nice looking and  decently speced :)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

11 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Hmm. Then I probably would've of downgraded. I'm really picky for monitors, and I couldn't stand that one. 

monitor is just a TV i had lying around. Just used for the video. currently hooked up to my media TV for movies and general gaming. in this video, i mentioned decreasing price at the end of the video. 

11 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

pretty cool TBH thats really cheap for something nice looking and  decently speced :)

gracias! i try to drive the whole "you don't need trillions for good gamers" to people who enjoy le games. also, craigslist and ebay are awesome

53 minutes ago, MurphMurphree said:

monitor is just a TV i had lying around. Just used for the video. currently hooked up to my media TV for movies and general gaming. in this video, i mentioned decreasing price at the end of the video. 

Ahh, OK. I can't watch because only 400mB left and 3 days till I get home. :(

Out of interest, what kind of monitor would you Use? 

- snip-

at work so can't load the video, but the thumbnail looks nice lol

btw - your sig is against forum rules (no links/promoting to YT channels, etc.) you should remove it before a mod finds you

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

23 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Ahh, OK. I can't watch because only 400mB left and 3 days till I get home. :(

Out of interest, what kind of monitor would you Use? 

AOC actually has a cheap but pretty great thin bezel 1080p 21.5". for $80-$150 depending on sales and such, it's a slamming deal gotta use dvi or an adapter, or vga though.