Picking a mouse for my mum

Zeke

Basically she needs a (relatively) inexpensive, full-sized mouse for doing a lot of accounting stuff and she doesn't mind corded ones. Initially I was looking at Logitech M500, but after reading some reviews it seems to develop problems with the scrolling wheel. Now, I might go as far as to get her a G303 or something like that, seeing how gaming mice are designed for a bit of a heavier load. Or maybe go for a wireless one with a good battery life and a tiny reciever, again, from Logitech (hell, I might just as well buy myself a new corded gaming mouse and give her my G700, but the battery life is not the best on that).

The two most important criteria are: it should work on (pretty much) any surface and be reliable.

I know G303 is significantly more expensive than M500, but if that means it'll last twice as long - why not?

Thoughts/recommendations?

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Those are good options but being more expensive doesnt mean it will last longer.First u need to know how much are u willing to pay because the best wireless non gaming is logitech Mx Master i have one myself and its amazing in all aspects his only con its the price. If you are not willing to give so much money for it go for the logotech marathon m500/m705 because most of the times gaming mice are not that good on everyday tasks, they excel at gaming nothng else and i say this because i have one myself(logotech g502)

Good luck to any mouse you choose

My mum was very happy with G700 for accounting. She never did learn to create macros (which was a huge part of why I got the mouse for her) but she does use the mouse cord to plug in her phone and says it's comfortable. I'd suggest you give the G700 to your mom to try at least. The battery on the G700 is swappable. Just get a new one.

If the thing about the sensor is that she might use it on her lap or on sofa or in bed, nothing beats bluetrack. It's a Microsoft thing and it really is friggin' awesome. I've had the X8 and Arc touch and even used the mice on stupid stuff like rough concrete or clear glass. The sensor picks up on anything. MS no longer makes gaming gear but the office mice are quite nice and just about all of them have the bluetrack.

Get her the performance mx. Works almost on any surface, so she won't need a mouse pad.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I wouldnt go for microsoft because its so random.Ive had some microsoft mice and 2 things will happen: the mouse will last more than 3 years working perfectly or it will give you problems after some months. Personally between mx performance and mx master i would go for the master because there isnt much difference in price.

But at the end of the day the final decision is yours, choose the one that appeals you or your mum the most

2 hours ago, Naeaes said:

I'd suggest you give the G700 to your mom to try at least. The battery on the G700 is swappable. Just get a new one.

Yeah it's not the problem of swapping, more like "it only lasts about a week or two while in other mice it lasts for months".

Thanks for replying, everyone.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.