First Pc Build of my live

Ares

Hi all of you

First I am only 13 and I have tight budget, once that said let start.

Budget & Location

I am in the US and the budget is $1800

Aim

Gaming

Build

MOB: Asus Maximus V Gene

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570k

RAM: Corsair Vengance 8Gb

GPU: Asus HD7950 V2

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR

SSD: Corsair Force Series GT 120 Gb x2 in raid 0

PSU: SeaSonic SS 520FL 520W

Case: Siverstone FT03B Fortress Series

Fans: Corsair Air Series Performance Edition 120mm twin pack x3

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H80i

Is all of it or is something missing.

Feel free to say what you think.

I'd just get a Samsung 830 256gb since you can get them for 159 dollars. I'd grab an ASUS sound card instead, but that's just because I have had super bad experience with Creative cards, super super bad. With the saved money you can get a 7970. Instead of a Maximus V Gene I'd grab a Z77 Extreme 4, you aren't really gaining anything between the two and the price difference is a lot.

$1800 is not a tight budget for most people :P

I don't think a fanless PSU is really suitable for a gaming rig, it would probably be safer going with one of SeaSonic's other units. SeaSonic has hybrid fan control, where the fan won't spin up unless it gets hot enough anyway, so it's basically the same as a fanless one. Depending on what type of graphics card cooler design your card has its unlikely the PSU noise will be your biggest noise concern. SSDs in RAID 0 is not really helpful unless you do massive sequential reads; even in booting an operating system, it only takes a few seconds with a single SSD so the second or two of overhead as the RAID controller initializes will pretty much cancel out the benefits there, and within the OS almost nothing is massive enough for RAID 0 SSDs to be worth it. I mean if you're going to get a 256GB SSD anyway and you'd rather split it into two smaller drives, ok, but keep in mind that especially in a smaller case like the FT03 you'll be a bit limited in space if you want to add more capacity in the future.

Onboard sound these days isn't too bad, unless you're an audiophile I don't think a sound card is necessary and might just restrict air unnecessarily in a smaller build.

On the whole though it looks good.

Any reason for that motherboard? You can get a decent board for $100 less..

To save yourself some money, with that m/board there is no way you need to buy a soundcard, the onboard sond on a ROG board will be outstanding, worth getting a good surround sound speaker system.

The specs like real good. however i would recommend a 750w power supply. to future proof it and you might get another graphics card in the future when there cheaper to run sli / x - fire

I just got a EVGA SuperNova NEX 750W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply for a real good price, my mum is sending it to me so i will install it when i get it, does look a good PSU for value.

got to love Asus components

Get a Seasonic X-850 or something along the lines of those. They are pretty good and Seasonic does manufacture its own PSUs. I recommend going with Samsung or Crucial for SSDs.

Good thing you picked out the V Gene, those things are great for sub zero suicide runs! Though a cheaper MoBo will be much better for a noobie like your self.

Pooh sound card, creative looks purtty, but makes music sound like gun fire.

The PSU is fine! 520 watts is enough, just don't plan on adding another video card. Maybe get a 650 watt PSU if you ever plan on crossfire.

2 ssds in raid0 defeats the point of an ssd. (takes longer than just one ssd on boot up)

You might want a bigger CLC than an H80... That'll only get you up to a measly 4.5GHz.

If i had that kind of Mulah at the time, I would of gotten at least 2133MHz memory and I'd be cooking it right now with 1.7V

GL!