I5 2500k

Noctua nh-l9i cpu cooler

8gb corsair vengeance

Intel 520 ssd 120gb

Wd scorpio black 750gb 2.5

DVD burner

2- 120mm Noctua NF-F12 (case cooling)

Windows 8 (on ssd)

I use my pc mainly as an HTPC, movies, music and web browsing. Im not a gamer but maybe later on i'll add a graphics card. For now I use it mainly to edit movies for my family. My moms a senior and very old school, she wont watch anything with "objectionable material" in it, so I edit out all the naughty bits for her and she watches a disneyfied version and is very happy. I was wondering if anyone has used the Noctua cpu cooler i have. Im getting good temps but then again texas summer hasnt even started, so we'll see. With current room temp about 23c, running what i consider "Load" (trans-coding a two hour movie with Handbrake, playing a 1080p video on youtube, spotify streaming music online and editing a photo with gimp2) the cpu max's out at 100% and i get cpu temps of about 50-57c. Im not sure if thats good, as im no expert but i hope you guys will let me know. As i mentioned before, texas summers get ridiculously hot so i spent a butt load of time on cable management to maximize airflow and bought the smallest peripherals to minimize air resistance in the case. It runs pretty quiet, which is nice. Well let me know what you think. Comments, suggestions and ideas welcomed. Thanks :)

P.s. sorry for the blurry pics, my camera suxs.

Front:

akKIXPT.jpg

Left Front:

LpdO6lC.jpg

Left Front Closeup:

3ZgRefO.jpg

Top:

GMbUGLw.jpg

Right:

GZEIGq8.jpg

Before and After: My X-Blade I'll miss it.

GZw4lBI.jpg

Very nice job. I really want to build a mini-itx build. Great choice in PSU. I think using a fully modular PSU in a small case would make things easier.

I think it's hilarious you edit movies for your mom. What part of Texas are you in?

I really love the aesthetics of a clean build. My suggestion would be to sleeve the cables.

Nice rig

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Very nice job. I really want to build a mini-itx build. Great choice in PSU. I think using a fully modular PSU in a small case would make things easier.

I think it's hilarious you edit movies for your mom. What part of Texas are you in?

I really love the aesthetics of a clean build. My suggestion would be to sleeve the cables.

LOL, i know right. Moms :D

The modular psu saved me from having to use two cabling bundles.

Im in san antonio.

I looked into sleeving the cables, it sure would look cool but i wouldnt know where to begin.

I love baby PC's :D

Looks good mate.

I love baby PC's :D

Looks good mate.

I know right! :) Me too. Compared to my old full tower, this one is a miniature. I love it! My desk has so much space now.