swiftech h220 pump

Hello everyone!

My litle brother was done with his old rig so he left me a swiftech h220.
So i took it cleaned it and put it in an old rig i have laying around.
I turned it on and there it was 'pssssss' white smoke, The black wire burned.

ive never used watercooling before but understand the basics, so yes it was filled etc.

now for the Question part:

The rad of the 220 is pretty good i read, so i wanne re-use it.
can i use the cpu block of the 220 (maybe clear the rotor/magnet out and put a pump to it?

ow and any recomendations on what pump to get for it? (pref cheap but decent)

Thanks in advance!

CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T black editon. Graphics: ASUS GTX 780 DirectCU II OC. Ram: 8 gig ddr3 1333 Mhz

yeah DDC pumps are crap, they burn out often

you cant use the rad without a pump there though, since its all one piece

that means you either need to buy another DDC to replace your fried one or buy a good pump (D5) and new radiator

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

50 minutes ago, Enderman said:

you cant use the rad without a pump there though, since its all one piece

that means you either need to buy another DDC to replace your fried one or buy a good pump (D5) and new radiator

The rad is yust a rad the pump is on the cpu block. so i dont get it..

front.jpg

CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T black editon. Graphics: ASUS GTX 780 DirectCU II OC. Ram: 8 gig ddr3 1333 Mhz

8 minutes ago, Major_Tom said:

The rad is yust a rad the pump is on the cpu block. so i dont get it..

front.jpg

oh youre using that cooler...

that ones really old lol

yes you can use the CPU block but you will need to use an external pump

the pump inside the CPU block will restrict flow and cause noise, so its recommended you buy a new CPU block

the rad is fine to use

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020