Samsung Note 4 vs LG G3? BATTERY LIFE!

Zackslay3r

Hello everyone,

so im looking to replace my HTC One M8 as the non-removable battery is annoying the daylights out of me. 

Which one would you take? and why? Also, any suggestions is awesome. as long as it has a removable battery and has very very good battery life.

Thank you. :)

CPU:i7-4790k CPU Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 3 RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB(2 4 GB sticks) *UPGRADED TO 16GB(4 4GB Sticks)* GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming *UPGRADED TO Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC* PSU: Antec Edge 750w Case: Define R5 Monitor: Asus VG248QE *UPGRADED to a Acer X34 as my main monitor and my VG248QE as my secondary monitor* Keyboard: Gamidas Hermes *UPGRADED to a Corsair K70 RGB with BROWN switches* Mouse: Razer Naga Epic 2014

Note 4. LG G3 does also have a decent battery life but the Note 4 is better. 

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

Actually, it's pretty darn close, but the Note 4 just barely eeks it out. Really, it's almost a toss up between them (I have both, I would know). Honestly, if the battery life is your only concern, just grab whichever one you like better (look more at the UI, specs, features that you would be happy with), and go with that one. If battery life is THAT much of a concern, grab an extra battery. I had a standalone charger base for my extra battery on my G3, and I loved it. I never had to actually plug the phone itself in.

Screenaninator: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 Nitro

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8300

Stickaminator: 16GB Crucial Vengance DDR3

Powermathingy: Corsair RM850i

attachamajiggy: Asus M5A97 R2.0 f

Remembrerthing: 240 GB Crucial SSD, 2TB Toshiba HDD

2 minutes ago, JoePro87 said:

Actually, it's pretty darn close, but the Note 4 just barely eeks it out. Really, it's almost a toss up between them (I have both, I would know). Honestly, if the battery life is your only concern, just grab whichever one you like better (look more at the UI, specs, features that you would be happy with), and go with that one. If battery life is THAT much of a concern, grab an extra battery. I had a standalone charger base for my extra battery on my G3, and I loved it. I never had to actually plug the phone itself in.

What is the battery life you get out of both phones?

CPU:i7-4790k CPU Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 3 RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB(2 4 GB sticks) *UPGRADED TO 16GB(4 4GB Sticks)* GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming *UPGRADED TO Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC* PSU: Antec Edge 750w Case: Define R5 Monitor: Asus VG248QE *UPGRADED to a Acer X34 as my main monitor and my VG248QE as my secondary monitor* Keyboard: Gamidas Hermes *UPGRADED to a Corsair K70 RGB with BROWN switches* Mouse: Razer Naga Epic 2014

Just now, Zackslay3r said:

What is the battery life you get out of both phones?

Well, it depends on usage. I'd have to actually look at what the specific times are, but I can say that the Note 4 seems to last roughly half an hour longer with screen on time. But, again, either phone can swap batteries, and they're not that expensive to buy.

1 minute ago, JoePro87 said:

Well, it depends on usage. I'd have to actually look at what the specific times are, but I can say that the Note 4 seems to last roughly half an hour longer with screen on time. But, again, either phone can swap batteries, and they're not that expensive to buy.

Yeah, i was just curious. i plan on buying extra batteries with a battery charger. 

Yeah, i was just curious. i plan on buying extra batteries with a battery charger. 

Then yeah, ultimately, I'd advise you not base your decision solely on the battery life. What interests you more, TouchWiz with the S Pen, or Sense UI with the buttons on the back of the phone? Both of them have a 2K display, but the Note 4 is Super AMOLED, whereas the G3 is LCD. (LCD DOES drain the batteries more then AMOLED, and doesn't quite look as good.)

The G3 is 5.5", whereas the Note 4 is 5.7"

G3 has a 13MP camera with laser autofocus (which is EXTREMELY fast), but the Note 4 has a 16MP camera.

G3 has the Snapdragon 801 (2.5Ghz quad core), the Note 4 has the 805 (2.7Ghz quad core)

So, specs wise, the Note 4 beats out the G3 in pretty much everything, and has the S Pen, but again, also has TouchWiz, which is a HUGE turn off for most. Truthfully, I think you'd be happy with either one, so it probably depends on how much you can get them for.

1 minute ago, JoePro87 said:

Then yeah, ultimately, I'd advise you not base your decision solely on the battery life. What interests you more, TouchWiz with the S Pen, or Sense UI with the buttons on the back of the phone? Both of them have a 2K display, but the Note 4 is Super AMOLED, whereas the G3 is LCD. (LCD DOES drain the batteries more then AMOLED, and doesn't quite look as good.)

The G3 is 5.5", whereas the Note 4 is 5.7"

G3 has a 13MP camera with laser autofocus (which is EXTREMELY fast), but the Note 4 has a 16MP camera.

G3 has the Snapdragon 801 (2.5Ghz quad core), the Note 4 has the 805 (2.7Ghz quad core)

So, specs wise, the Note 4 beats out the G3 in pretty much everything, and has the S Pen, but again, also has TouchWiz, which is a HUGE turn off for most. Truthfully, I think you'd be happy with either one, so it probably depends on how much you can get them for.

I can get a Ex-Demo Note 4 for $480 AUD or i can get a LG G3 for $380 AUD.

I can get a Ex-Demo Note 4 for $480 AUD or i can get a LG G3 for $380 AUD.

That's a tough one. Personally, I'd save the hundred dollars and go with the G3, but that's just because I'm a cheap ass. The money you save should more than pay off the extra battery.

• 2 weeks later...

If you get the note 4, and you'e on verizon, I highly recommend that you find someone selling a note 4 still on kit kat 4.4.4

Theres a huge (maybe) thing on xda about some guys who are working on unlocking the verizon bootloader, and theres speculation it'll only work on kit kat

But I have a Note 4 and it's great, no matter the carrier

The building blocks of shushi are:

Shushi meat, peaches, and guacamole

Spoiler

I like guns n' i like trucks

Spoiler

I've got high octane crazy blood filling me up

21 hours ago, Oranges said:

If you get the note 4, and you'e on verizon, I highly recommend that you find someone selling a note 4 still on kit kat 4.4.4

Theres a huge (maybe) thing on xda about some guys who are working on unlocking the verizon bootloader, and theres speculation it'll only work on kit kat

But I have a Note 4 and it's great, no matter the carrier

Side note, they just updated the Sprint ones to Marshmallow a couple weeks back.