FPS Problems with multi monitor setup

Propensity
Go to solution Solved by AMICLG,
2 minutes ago, Propensity said:

Yes I am using the latest driver and to be clear I only play games on the Asus pg278q not in triple monitor surround. The other two monitors are for other applications.

Oh, I had the same issue on my 780 a long time ago. I think I used the display driver uninstaller from guru3d and reinstalled. 

First off i'm not totally sure if this should be posted in the displays or GPU subforum so please move it if I posted in the wrong place.

So I have been super lazy in finding a solution to this problem and really could use some help in the matter. I bought an Asus PG278q late last year along with a gigabyte g1 gaming 980ti. This brought my total displays to 3 and I was hoping the gigabyte flex display would handle my setup but I am having major fps issues.

My main monitor is the pg278q running at 144hz with g-sync on. Both of my other monitors are just some older 1080p 60hz monitors running on either side, one through dvi and the other with hdmi. The issue is no matter what configuration I use as far as connectors on my gpu or mix of hdmi and dvi for the monitors, I get a lot of fps drop for a few minutes every time I tab in or out of a game or full screen application. The common symptom is my right secondary monitor flickering on and off multiple times when I tab followed by fps hitches on my pg278q for anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes. The worst it has been was when i tried playing league for the first time in a few months and was constantly sitting at 3 fps for 10+ minutes.

I don't know if it is an incompatibility in refresh rates with the monitors or if the display combination is at fault. I have done a lot of tinkering of resolutions, refresh rates, inputs into monitors, and plug configurations on the gpu and haven't really found anything that worked. Really hope I'm missing something stupid and don't have to decide between multiple monitors or getting more pg278q's cause they are still really expensive.

If it will help I could do a ghetto cell phone video of the issues and post it here.

Thank you for any and all help

Alt-tab is doing same stuff to me, exept it only goes for like 10 seconds. I also have 3 displays and one of them is not 1080p.

I would try putting all monitors at 60Hz and see if that fixes anything.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

25 minutes ago, AdamIsaacLang said:

I would try putting all monitors at 60Hz and see if that fixes anything.

I have put all monitors on the same refresh rate and resolution independently and the problems still persist.

Just now, Propensity said:

I have put all monitors on the same refresh rate and resolution independently and the problems still persist.

Are you running the newest driver? Also are the displays set up in surround mode through the Nvidia control panel?

6 minutes ago, AdamIsaacLang said:

Are you running the newest driver? Also are the displays set up in surround mode through the Nvidia control panel?

Yes I am using the latest driver and to be clear I only play games on the Asus pg278q not in triple monitor surround. The other two monitors are for other applications.

2 minutes ago, Propensity said:

Oh, I had the same issue on my 780 a long time ago. I think I used the display driver uninstaller from guru3d and reinstalled. 

2 minutes ago, AdamIsaacLang said:

Alright I'll give that a try,

Well after the clean install things seem to at least be better. Can't tell if everything is fixed but I am no longer getting the long lasting fps issue that was causing the majoirty of the frustration. Also the black screen flicker issue is fixed which is very nice so thank you for the prompt help.