Why Is My GeForce GTX 980 Getting 14 FPS?!

So a little over 1 year ago today I built my dream PC and this GTX 980 was my absolute monster of a baby. But for about a month now, I have been getting super low FPS on everything I used to get good FPS on. I used to play Skyrim on Ultra and now when I launch it, it auto detects the best settings for my system as "low." Rocket League I max at 14 FPS, even on middle settings. This is absolutely unacceptable. It isn't because my drivers are out of date either. I have updated them even just today once more to try and see if that would fix the issue. It did not, however. The issue persists that I just can't even play any games anymore and I most certainly don't have another $500 to buy another one. What can I do to fix this problem? Has anybody else experienced something like this with a 980? I am pretty heartbroken over this, to be honest.

Grab MSI Afterburner and check your clocks and temperatures. Let's see if there's something odd....

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

my GTX 980 got 90fps + on GTA V now its getting 50 fps and lines in the screen with the same settings so im having the same thing

Is it overheating? Are you supplying enough power to it? Is your GPU BIOS out of date? Did you clean install your graphics drivers using DDU like @iamdarkyoshi said? Are your GPU/Memory clocks stuck?

I have too many questions. Give us more detail about your situation.

Edited by Shahnewaz
1 more question.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Have you tried DDU to completely nuke the old drivers? Also, bit of an obvious (to some) question, is your monitor plugged into your videocard or the onboard GFX?

Definitely plugged into the GPU. What is DDU and how do I get me some of that?

1 minute ago, Imakuni said:

Grab MSI Afterburner and check your clocks and temperatures. Let's see if there's something odd....

I will look this up and let you know if anything strange occurs.

Just now, Second Place Silver said:

Definitely plugged into the GPU. What is DDU and how do I get me some of that?

I will look this up and let you know if anything strange occurs.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

It nukes the old drivers for a proper clean install

I don't know what happend to these damn drivers men, NVIDIAAA

41 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

The obsolescence has begun.

New drivers gave me BSOD then installed an old driver and my monitor overclocks didn't work and my GPU useage wasn't maxing out either.....

They fixed it with the newest now 364.72 for my GM204 card. 

-

NVM STILL BROKEN AS F

Edited by Redicat

56 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

It nukes the old drivers for a proper clean install

So after doing this, I re-downloaded my GeForce Experience and my drivers, and I am now back up to the 120 to 300 FPS range on the Heaven Benchmark! You have saved both my life and my wallet! I can't thank you enough!