Tech's biggest mysteries.

I wonder what you guys would come up with. this is more like a curious thing to me because i do have experience with computers and stuff, but its just a bit confusing.

how it's possible that billions of little switches somehow let me watch a cat half way across the world taking a nap with only a 5 second latency, and do so flawlessly.

seriously, if you find someone that can explain a regular person how its possible a computer and the internet works together so flawlessly, that guy deserves a medail.

Just now, manikyath said:

how it's possible that billions of little switches somehow let me watch a cat half way across the world taking a nap with only a 5 second latency, and do so flawlessly.

seriously, if you find someone that can explain a regular person how its possible a computer and the internet works together so flawlessly, that guy deserves a medail.

yes.

Just now, josephaltareb said:

I wonder what you guys would come up with. this is more like a curious thing to me because i do have experience with computers and stuff, but its just a bit confusing.

Ubisoft

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

Just now, GreezyJeezy said:

the biggest mystery is why people still buy AMD CPU's /s

because for pure numbercrunching they're still pretty good value, i have benchmarks to prove my point, but thats not the topic, so i wont turn it into a war on the fanboiiiz. (ps: intel/nvidia user here, i have no investments i have to defend with that statement)

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

because for pure numbercrunching they're still pretty good value, i have benchmarks to prove my point, but thats not the topic, so i wont turn it into a war on the fanboiiiz. (ps: intel/nvidia user here, i have no investments i have to defend with that statement)

it was like bait xD my whole rig is ran by AMD. it seems more people are Intel fanboys on here so i was hoping it would get thumbs ups

Why are gpu's 16x Pcie when the only need 8x????

The biggest mystery is how people can afford 3 4K monitors and a $6000 pc build...

1 minute ago, GaIaxy said:

Have you ever seen the United States Air Force 747 Drone? 

I find it amazing that a simulated cockpit in Washington D.C. can fly a drone 12,000 miles away over the Middle East, and yet it somehow manages to stay un-hacked and not messed with. 

you should be amazed that it can even connect.

2 minutes ago, josephaltareb said:

Why are gpu's 16x Pcie when the only need 8x????

because sometimes a dev is an idiot, and that pci-e 3.0 16x slot legitimately becomes the bottleneck in the system.

One of the greatest tech mysteries is how to do pure silicon crystals. To be able to use silicon to make a CPU/GPU, you need to achieve a purity of at least 1-10Million silicon to other element atom ratio (basically 99,9999999% purity). There are VERY few companies that know (out of the theorical explanations there are out there in science papers) how to achieve said manufacture on a practical level (for example, Intel, IBM, etc). Which is one of the reasons full fabs aren't common at all.

The worlds DNS. lol, fuck even attempting to draw a network diagram for how it all works and is continuously updated by crawlers

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

2 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

the biggest mystery is why people still buy AMD CPU's /s

AMD manages to compete on cost in some areas.  While there are downsides, namely high TDP relative to Intel and that translates to higher power consumption and heat that one must manage, the lower price point is more attractive.  An FX-9590 may be a terrifying 220w and not compete toe to toe with a 6700K, but it's not that much slower while being half the price and that can be the only winning factor for some consumers.

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

AMD manages to compete on cost in some areas.  While there are downsides, namely high TDP relative to Intel and that translates to higher power consumption and heat that one must manage, the lower price point is more attractive.  An FX-9590 may be a terrifying 220w and not compete toe to toe with a 6700K, but it's not that much slower while being half the price and that can be the only winning factor for some consumers.

2 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

it was like bait xD my whole rig is run by AMD. it seems more people are Intel fanboys on here so i was hoping it would get thumbs ups

read what i said ^^^^

7 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

read what i said ^^^^

You being annoying and spamming doesn't negate the usefulness of a non-partisan answer to a question that people do often ask.

12 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

You being annoying and spamming doesn't negate the usefulness of a non-partisan answer to a question that people do often ask.

what do you mean? i have a AMD CPU and AMD GPU, i made that post of likes (thumbs up) im sorry that you decided to reply before reading all the comments and now seems like you are mad about it, just calm down. i am more a AMD fan boy then Intel just because I've only had AMD my whole life and I've never owned a Intel CPU.

so can you please explain to me how i am being "annoying" and "spamming"