is the WII U still worth buying?

ImRyan
2 minutes ago, ImRyan said:

thanks for your help

Well it all depends on if you want to play the games that are only on the wiiu like mario, zelda smash, etc.. If you do want to play those or original wii titles then yes get one.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

It has a good digital library and great for a party but If you haven't picked one up at this point I would think one would want to wait until the next Nintendo console releases. NX should be releasing late this year if it doesn't get pushed back to early 2017.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

1 minute ago, DioOmicida said:

It has a good digital library and great for a party but If you haven't picked one up at this point I would think one would want to wait until the next Nintendo console releases. NX should be releasing late this year if it doesn't get pushed back to early 2017.

I thought the nx was a rumour

3 minutes ago, ImRyan said:

The console is real. NX might just be a code name with name change at a later date but they are making a new console.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

I bought a Wii U two months ago and I love it. Nintendo is still hard to beat when it comes to quality of their games. You can save a good bit of money now since they just dropped the price of a lot of games.

Lord of Helium.

DEFINITELY worth getting. It's the only console we play in our home anymore. Sold the PS4. That wasn't worth it. If we're not gaming on the PC, it's the Wii U.

Screenaninator: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 Nitro

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8300

Stickaminator: 16GB Crucial Vengance DDR3

Powermathingy: Corsair RM850i

attachamajiggy: Asus M5A97 R2.0 f

Remembrerthing: 240 GB Crucial SSD, 2TB Toshiba HDD

11 hours ago, ImRyan said:

It's real it's just nobody has any idea what it is yet. Some people think it's going to be a powerful home console, some think it'll be 3DS successor and others think it might be some combination of the two. There are people who think it'll launch as early as September this year and others who think it'll launch late next year. But whatever it is I think it's fairly safe to assume that they'll talk about it within the next few months.

As for the Wii U itself? If you got one now then you'd definitely get your money's worth. There's still a fairly decent library of games that you can't get anywhere else. There's also still Zelda on the horizon which is definitely something worth keeping an eye on. But if I was you? Even as a Nintendo fan and a huge fan of the Wii U itself? I'd wait a few months and see what the NX is. If you had asked me 6 months ago I would have said go for it. But we're potentially very close to something that might end up being a better option. For all we know the NX might have full backwards compatibility.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

The Wii U is only worth getting for the first party titles (Mario, Zelda, etc) as that is the only place to play them on. As with the Wii it has poor 3rd party support so if you just want the Nintendo titles it's worth getting.

On 3/30/2016 at 10:25 AM, ImRyan said:

thanks for your help

The word out right now is Wii U halts production in a year. I foresee a time shortly after that where the Wi-Fi gets shut down as it did for the Wii and the DS. For this reason, I skipped Wii U.

1 hour ago, CoffeeandBagels said:

The word out right now is Wii U halts production in a year. I foresee a time shortly after that where the Wi-Fi gets shut down as it did for the Wii and the DS. For this reason, I skipped Wii U.

Pretty sure that was just a rumor

http://www.mobipicker.com/nintendo-wii-u-production-will-not-stopped-favour-nx/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/23/nintendo-denies-wii-u-production-set-to-end-soon Yes ik IGN is shit, but they're just repeating stuff in this

57 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

True. it does have 'rumor' status at this point, but Nintendo did not deny it. They did release a statement saying the information didn't come from them, but they didn't deny it.

3 minutes ago, CoffeeandBagels said:

True. it does have 'rumor' status at this point, but Nintendo did not deny it. They did release a statement saying the information didn't come from them, but they didn't deny it.

Yes they did... They refused the report to Famitsu. Sadly, reading that is a bit difficult :P http://www.famitsu.com/news/201603/23101948.html

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-denies-its-ending-wii-u-production-anytime-soo-1766548639
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-denies-wii-u-production-cancellation-repo/1100-6435933/

Ugh I'm linking swill websites :( 

Nintendo as saying, "The [Nikkei] report did not come from within our company." Nintendo reportedly further clarified, "The company plans to continue production through [and beyond] the next fiscal year."

20 hours ago, CoffeeandBagels said:

Well the Wii and DS online services were shut down because the company that ran those services went out of business. Nintendo WFC, the old service, was a fragmented mess. Every game had it's own code and was basically it's own ID. The Nintendo Network? The thing that replaced it? Runs across multiple platforms and has a single ID. From what I can tell they intend to keep that ID going for future systems also.

Not saying that it won't happen again, you can never guarantee that they'll run services indefinitely for legacy hardware. That applies to all consoles. But what happened with the Wii and DS has no risk of happening to the Wii U and 3DS. Not in the same way. Especially with them just last week creating a new rewards system which you can sign into using your Nintendo Network ID. Also the existence of MiiVerse which is tied to your Nintendo Network ID and is essentially a Nintendo themed social media website.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Well, even I do like the Wii U but the NX should be coming within this year, so it might be worth the wait.

"Simple Yet Complex" 

depends what u want it for

i am probably gonna be spending a shit load of money just to play zelda lol

If you want a wii u throw new 3rd party games out the window. The Wii U is not known for it.

However according to me it's one of the better party consoles out there. Nintendo consoles have always been party friendly by including 4 controller ports by default. First party titles are great quality as usual (Because it's Nintendo) 

In the end, if you LOVE Nintendo and wanna play their games get the Wii U. It's fairly primitive compared to even last gen consoles but it's still a great console imho. Shame that Nintendo got shafted by 3rd parties. But the Wii U boasts some of the BEST if not the best exclusives. 

HP Pavilion p007tx (i5 4210u, gt840m, 8GB DDR3 memory and a 1 TB HDD that makes cool sounds when booting up) 

Since my laptop can't run modern games too well I use a PS4

Worth of something is very subjective, so that's up to you.

Personally I don't think that the Wii U is worth it, it's been sort of a disappointment since day 1. Though a lot of people like it. Though that's just me.

I'm not technically the demographic the Wii U is probably suppose to appeal to.

It's people older than 16 to 20(ish) and people younger than 11. Of course you'll have people younger or older than that playing and enjoying it.

If my DS Lite or Wii weren't so old and I still had some good games for it I might still use it here and there. However I don't have any games for it and of the available games they don't really sound interesting. Not sure if any current 3DS games sound all that enticing either.

I mean I've been interested to get into jPRGs and for a console platform Nintendo, PS4 and Windows are the best places to have plenty of those kinds of games but the PS4 and Windows already do a better job at that so I don't know. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization