Is it possile to add 240 rad support to top of S340?

Clanscorpia
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,
6 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

I  think I'll just go for the H440 and mod it a bit to make it look a little more like an S340 (Removing HDD plate inside, changing PSU shroud LED, Customizing the front, that sort of thing, or would the mod for adding the fan slots be worth it?

your plan sounds good

Is this possible? I really like the S340 and when the warranty runs out I'd like to mod it and watercool it. My other mods would include bigger window, light up logo on PSU shroud, and integrated rgb lighting all over the case.

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

10 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Is this possible? I really like the S340 and when the warranty runs out I'd like to mod it and watercool it. My other mods would include bigger window, light up logo on PSU shroud, and integrated rgb lighting all over the case.

humm... how bout a h440? its like the s340's larger brother :P

if you wanna mod, i guess you have to get cutting and drilling, which i dont recommend if you like that case so much lol

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Ya I would upgrade cases before I tried to add radator support 

it can be done but you will have clearance issues between your motherboard and the top of your case. He only spot that a 240 would realy fit in that case is in the front or maybe on the PSU cover but you would need to ad some kind of ventalation 

you would need to redrill holes for the entire rad because the existing one is too close to the motherboard

if you put the rad as close to the windows as possible it looks like you will have enough clearance

you still need to drill out some sort of ventilation for the rad though

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Or you could go "ghetto" and actually mount that rad/fans *on top* of the case so you won't have clearance issues :P As in, sandwich the case between the rad and the fans. Could potentially look cool ^^

~ Specs bellow ~

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit [UEFI]
CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD

Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000

5 hours ago, Moonzy said:

humm... how bout a h440? its like the s340's larger brother :P

if you wanna mod, i guess you have to get cutting and drilling, which i dont recommend if you like that case so much lol

I don't like the look of the H440 which is why I want the s340

5 hours ago, Enderman said:

you would need to redrill holes for the entire rad because the existing one is too close to the motherboard

if you put the rad as close to the windows as possible it looks like you will have enough clearance

you still need to drill out some sort of ventilation for the rad though

It already has top 120 rad support so wouldn't that already be to here

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

7 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

It already has top 120 rad support so wouldn't that already be to here

no its too close to the motherboard

if you want to fit a rad and fan you need to redrill a new mount closer to the window

and you also need to make a 240mm hole, not 120mm

a 240 rad is useless if you only have air flowing through half of it

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

if thats the case, i would highly suggest you find a way to mount the rad outside of the case due to clearance issues

you can use standoffs if you dont wish to drill a dozen holes in your case

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

no its too close to the motherboard

if you want to fit a rad and fan you need to redrill a new mount closer to the window

and you also need to make a 240mm hole, not 120mm

a 240 rad is useless if you only have air flowing through half of it

I mean the 120 rad means there is clearence for a RAD up there. And I have seen rads placed there. I of course would drill holes for the fans but I was talking about the clearance

Spoiler

AXIOM

4 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

I mean the 120 rad means there is clearence for a RAD up there. And I have seen rads placed there. I of course would drill holes for the fans but I was talking about the clearance

Who told you it supports a rad up there? I have never seen anyone put a rad at the top

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

Who told you it supports a rad up there? I have never seen anyone put a rad at the top

The NZXT website. And look up watercooled s340 in google images

Spoiler

AXIOM

19 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

The NZXT website. And look up watercooled s340 in google images

Radiator Support Front 2 x 140 or 2 x 120mm
Rear 1 x 120mm

and i did look at google images, i cant find any images with a radiator in the top

mind showing me one?

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:
Radiator Support Front 2 x 140 or 2 x 120mm
Rear 1 x 120mm

and i did look at google images, i cant find any images with a radiator in the top

mind showing me one?

Sorry, must have thought the fan support was rad support, and in the pictures I must have mistaken fans for rads. Well, going for the P400s now because of the 360 front rad support. unless it's somehow possible to add onto the fan area to allow it to be able to fit a rad?

Spoiler

AXIOM

5 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Sorry, must have thought the fan support was rad support, and in the pictures I must have mistaken fans for rads. Well, going for the P400s now because of the 360 front rad support. unless it's somehow possible to add onto the fan area to allow it to be able to fit a rad?

no its not possible without modding

im considering doing a 280 in the front and 120 in the back, since you can fit a rad in the back of the S340

you may just want to buy a different case if youre trying to stuff more than 3 rads in the system

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

no its not possible without modding

im considering doing a 280 in the front and 120 in the back, since you can fit a rad in the back of the S340

you may just want to buy a different case if youre trying to stuff more than 3 rads in the system

I  think I'll just go for the H440 and mod it a bit to make it look a little more like an S340 (Removing HDD plate inside, changing PSU shroud LED, Customizing the front, that sort of thing, or would the mod for adding the fan slots be worth it?

Spoiler

AXIOM

6 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

your plan sounds good

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Enderman said:

your plan sounds good

Ok! I'll go for the H440.

Spoiler

AXIOM