Is this okay for first pc?

So, this will be my first custom pc, so I wanted to do it properly and very safe.

• CPU: i5-4570 / i5-4590 ( Can't really decide ) 
  • Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 mATX
  • Ram: Any brand with pair of 4gb Ram modules (2x4gb)
  • GPU: MSI GTX960 4gb model
  • HDD: WD caviar blue 1tb
  • PSU: Fractal Design Edison M 550w
  • Case: Cooler Master Force 251 

So, things I wan't you to help me out a bit.

1) Which one of those CPU's?

2) Is it worth it buying an ssd first, and buy this HDD later? (SSD as an boot drive and some extra memory)

3) Is this build even looking good?

My budget is about 700 EUR  ( 700.00 EUR = 781.69 USD ; 700.00 EUR = 1,034.69 CAD - if that helps)

Thank you for taking your time on this post!

Note: I am really down for this psu, so I won't probably change my mind on that one.

1. Either is fine. Personally, I'd go for a Skylake i5 6400 and DDR4 RAM since the prices should be similar.

2. I'd go for HDD first.

3. Yep. Pretty solid. Although the R9 380 is the better performing card in comparison to the GTX 960. The Sapphire Nitro would be a nice choice.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1) 4590

2) If you're not gonna use it right away

3) It's pretty decent. 

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Just now, Kasponis said:

So, things I wan't you to help me out a bit.

Slightly better performance for the 4590, however nothing dramatic. Go for the 4570.

Just now, Kasponis said:

2) Is it worth it buying an ssd first, and buy this HDD later? (SSD as an boot drive and some extra memory)

Buying an SSD is always worth it :) Ill bet you'll add one in a few months anyway, BUT it is not neccessary as of now. Save the money some games and get an ssd sometime from now on when they are hopefully a bit cheaper, or get a used one. 

The build seems fine...have fun with it

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

1 minute ago, I am an SSD said:

Slightly better performance for the 4590, however nothing dramatic. Go for the 4570.

Buying an SSD is always worth it :) Ill bet you'll add one in a few months anyway, BUT it is not neccessary as of now. Save the money some games and get an ssd sometime from now on when they are hopefully a bit cheaper, or get a used one. 

The build seems fine...have fun with it

Okay, thank you. Seems reasonable:)

9 minutes ago, Kasponis said:

3) Is this build even looking good?

1) either one, they perform almost the same lol

2) if you wont need much space and will add a hdd before you run out of space, i will recommend getting an ssd first so you dont have to reinstall windows if you chose to get an ssd later lol

3) pretty decent :D though the r9 380 performs better than the 960, so you might wanna consider that

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

1) either one, they perform almost the same lol

2) if you wont need much space and will add a hdd before you run out of space, i will recommend getting an ssd first so you dont have to reinstall windows if you chose to get an ssd later lol

3) pretty decent :D though the r9 380 performs better than the 960, so you might wanna consider that

About the r9 380. When I was watching comparision, the 380 performed slightly better, but when it came to explosions and stuff, the 960 just dropped few fps, but 280 and other cards dropped like 10+ fps when explosion was displayed. But I don't know.

So I heard that the 380 has shitty driver updates, but I am not sure about that though.

1 minute ago, Kasponis said:

when it came to explosions and stuff, the 960 just dropped few fps, but 280 and other cards dropped like 10+ fps when explosion was displayed.

it depends if the explosion conssist of tiny fragments that needs tessellation processing or not

nvidia gpu are better at that

but the amd 380 have more raw horsepower than the 960 so theres that

2 minutes ago, Kasponis said:

So I heard that the 380 has shitty driver updates, but I am not sure about that though.

this goes for both companies, the latest nvidia driver isnt all sunshine and rainbow

and its killing a dozen of people's system already, especially multi monitor and/or gpu setups

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I'd stick with the gtx 960, Nvidia has good driuver support, features AMD doesn';t have (physx, mfaa, and it has nvidia inspector, that has a TON of customization compared to AMD counterpart - radeon pro - which i do not have good experiences with.)

35 minutes ago, Kasponis said:

About the r9 380. When I was watching comparision, the 380 performed slightly better, but when it came to explosions and stuff, the 960 just dropped few fps, but 280 and other cards dropped like 10+ fps when explosion was displayed. But I don't know.

Drivers are fine - Nvidia's aren't exactly stable at the time of writing this. And the 380 performs about 15% better so do keep that in mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0HzWW6mDno

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

59 minutes ago, WarWeeny said:

that video shows they perform on par lol.

you mean it shows a iced 960 barely beating a 380 at stock. OC the 380 and its faster again

2 hours ago, don_svetlio said:

you mean it shows a iced 960 barely beating a 380 at stock. OC the 380 and its faster again

iced? what are you on about lol.

http://imgur.com/mSL4wlL

http://imgur.com/OgXC1wZ

*totaly beating the gtx 960 by 100%!!! - oh wait.

This is equal, 1 or 2 frames faster doesn't make it "faster" it makes it variable because these are not static benchmarks.

Tthe 2GB AMD card is outperforming the 4GB AMD at some point.

Not to mention that farcy and assassins cred favour AMD cards as well, let's pick rise of the tombraider shall we?

Oh wait, we can't because AMD can't handle that game like Nvidia does, and we can't have that now, can we?

1 hour ago, WarWeeny said:

iced? what are you on about lol.

http://imgur.com/mSL4wlL

http://imgur.com/OgXC1wZ

*totaly beating the gtx 960 by 100%!!! - oh wait.

This is equal, 1 or 2 frames faster doesn't make it "faster" it makes it variable because these are not static benchmarks.

Tthe 2GB AMD card is outperforming the 4GB AMD at some point.

Anyone can take quick screenshots. Watch the whole thing.
maxresdefault.jpg