GTA 5 first impressions

MorrisCode

Hey guys, I just wanted to get a first impression from anyone that has already bought or played the new GTA title. What are your thoughts on the physics engine? Is it very similar to GTA 4? I'm hoping to hear good reviews because I would like to pick it up on my way home today. But I do want to know the downs and current problems with the game.

I am enjoying it so far.Haven't experienced any problems. Looks similar to GTA4, slightly better. Come see for yourself, I made this last night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EejHKzVB6b4

Y u no make it available for mobile?!

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Y u no make it available for mobile?!

Didn't realize it wasn't going to fix it asap. Well no idea why, but it won't allow me to allow it for mobile. Says this "

SyndicationNo, this video should not be available on mobile phones and TV.

"

Didn't realize it wasn't going to fix it asap. Well no idea why, but it won't allow me to allow it for mobile. Says this "

Syndication

No, this video should not be available on mobile phones and TV.

"

There should be a check box in your preferences or settings tab

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

i'm not trying to bash but i actually don't like the last couple of gta's inclusing this one... sorry

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

How's the driving and shooting mechanics this time around?  They were quite clunky in GTA IV.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

How's the driving and shooting mechanics this time around?  They were quite clunky in GTA IV.

Shooting is pretty darn good I think. Driving is about the same, with the exception of abilities.

Judging by the video posted somewhere up there, last gen consoles f**ked up yet another game with their low power..

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Judging by the video posted somewhere up there, last gen consoles f**ked up yet another game with their low power..

Yeah that's true this game had some potential, hardware holding it back

How does it does it hold up to PC gamer eyes though? heard it seems like it wasn't meant to run on current gen, 25fps texutres loading ate internal 720p resolution no filters, is it playabale or should I wait for PC?

How does it does it hold up to PC gamer eyes though? heard it seems like it wasn't meant to run on current gen, 25fps texutres loading ate internal 720p resolution no filters, is it playabale or should I wait for PC?

It's playable. Had to adjust my eyes from PC gaming graphics back to console ones to play it though. 

I want it to PC!

Aww, but don't you want to experience that low res texture <720p 30FPS non-modifiable feeling?

Aww, but don't you want to experience that low res texture <720p 30FPS non-modifiable feeling?

that is not gonna happen because next gen consoles run x86 :)

that is not gonna happen because next gen consoles run x86 :)

I know, but 'current gen' on the other hand really are showing their age. :ph34r:

I gave in and rented it.  I got one copy for me and one for my brother and want to share in the experience over Xbox Live messages/chat and by talking on the net about the game after we give it a go.  When my brother said he never missed playing a GTA game at launch before I was not going to have him miss this.  I am so thankful that when Blockbuster Video left Family Video came here.  $9.99 per month = 50% off rentals and there are situations where you get $1 off game rentals, free movies and more.  A great company with great people at our location at least. :)

Now in regards to the game I am not looking forward to doing drugs with a controller. In fact if I have a choice to not do it for this play through I will likely not.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I was going to wait for this to come to PC but on my lunch break at work today couldn't resist and I got it for the 360. Time to dust of the console and I will still be buying it for pc when it comes out. Just really hoping its half decent on console

| Corsair 900D | i7-4770K | ASUS Maximus VI Formula | SLI ASUS Geforce GTX780 | EK & Alphacool WaterCooling | 

| Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 32GB | | Two Corsair Neutron GTX Series 240GB SSD | Corsair AX1200i |

| Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Two Seagate Barracuda 4TB  | Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit |http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189392-corsair-900d-sli-watercooled-refresh-and-new-setup/#entry2550514

Strip club 10/10 and glad it is there cuz I am horrible at the rest of the game but man it is so much fun.  The graphics are much improved.  The music that suits the game is still there with all sorts of good old school rap.  I have had some really hilarious moments when dying and screwing up missions and so sad I can't share the video of them but man LOL at my play in this game.  Laughter is good and I need to buy this game cuz I will be laughing at myself all the time.

One mission screw up I can remember is when I had to use the tow truck to take a car somewhere and well I ended up getting the car just outside of the destination but could not get it in the lot properly and so after much trying of this and that I ended up driving the tow truck into this lower area right near where I was to go into a space where I could not get the truck out of the space ever.  LOLOL  It was lower ground and against the wall of a building and whatever.  Totally stuck and mission automatic fail.  LOL

I will say one thing that I saw that I wished was different was the target dot or whatever you use to point at targets to shoot.  I wish it could be more than just it is and larger.  Can this be changed in the game right away or later on with different guns ?  Anyone know ?

come on, we need this on pc man. I already tore gta 4 a new one 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Played a couple hours into it, the fps didn't bug me like I thought it would, the textures were fairly high but they took way to long to load. The real problem is 720p stretched out onto a tv looks awful, and there is no AA whatsoever, the jaggies make driving pretty unbearable. I was content on puting up with it, until I got to a mission where I drove a jetski through a canal and it donned on me, at 1440p (or even 1080) With 8x MSAA and 16x af this game would be beautiful. So I decided to wait for PC rather then ruin the visual masterpiece. Might still play console online though. Luckily I didn't pay for it (Supporting console exclusivity goes aganst my morale code.)

Gta V to pc please :-) would love rockstar if they made it to pc.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Played a couple hours into it, the fps didn't bug me like I thought it would, the textures were fairly high but they took way to long to load. The real problem is 720p stretched out onto a tv looks awful, and there is no AA whatsoever, the jaggies make driving pretty unbearable. I was content on puting up with it, until I got to a mission where I drove a jetski through a canal and it donned on me, at 1440p (or even 1080) With 8x MSAA and 16x af this game would be beautiful. So I decided to wait for PC rather then ruin the visual masterpiece. Might still play console online though. Luckily I didn't pay for it (Supporting console exclusivity goes aganst my morale code.)

Jaggies ?  You playing this on PS3 ?  Cuz none on Xbox 360.

I have the PS3 digital version.  Wished I waited for PC.  The alising is pretty bad and driving at high speed can be a little nauseating. Feels about 25-30 FPS most of the time.

My PC specifications are in my profile.