GTA 5 first impressions

MorrisCode

I have a question about GTAV. I'm interested in getting for the 360 but I have never really gotten into any the GTA games (Never played GTA4 but I played all of the others including 1 and 2). Would this be a game I should pick up or just skip it?

It's fun thus far.  If you're going to buy it, don't make my mistake.  Wait until the inevitable PC release.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

I think the game is great....No issues with me, graphics aren't really an issue for me it looks good compared to other console games, the driving is slightly different to GTA IV, the weapons system is improved but GTA IV didn't bother me. Over all if you aren't that fussy on graphics (seriously they are nice but it isn't what makes a game good) and looking for some fun grab a copy.....I will also be getting it for PC for the improved experience but it isn t as bad on console as people believe.

Jaggies ?  You playing this on PS3 ?  Cuz none on Xbox 360.

they are the exact same as it is a multi-platform title, you will only notice a difference in the controller and TV you are using :) 

I think the game is great....No issues with me, graphics aren't really an issue for me it looks good compared to other console games, the driving is slightly different to GTA IV, the weapons system is improved but GTA IV didn't bother me. Over all if you aren't that fussy on graphics (seriously they are nice but it isn't what makes a game good) and looking for some fun grab a copy.....I will also be getting it for PC for the improved experience but it isn t as bad on console as people believe.

It looks about as good as the last game.  Having been playing on PC for a while now, you really notice the lack of anti-aliasing going back to the console.  I try not to focus on things around me when I'm driving as it does create a sort of lightheaded feeling for me personally.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Did any one have problems with the steam version of GTA IV? Because I could not run it on my Alienware which runs most games on high. That's the only reason I'm sceptical about buyin 5 for the PC when it's released... BTW I picked up the game for Xbox last night and its great. The graphics aren't spectacular but you get used to them. It's a lot of fun and I think that's the only reason people buy it for the consoles. And if you have a 360, there is an 8gb install disk which ate up the rest my 32gb usb

loving it. gameplay is smooth. the lack of AA don't bother me as I usually don't go over 2xAA on PC for more fps and less headaches when playing console games. it does look amazing. take the screenshots with a grain of salt. remember a TV takes up less vision then your close monitor so a close up image will always look terrible.

I would recommend this game to play even now. don't limit yourself to one platform and enjoy the experience now. GTA is one of those games that shines on consoles. and IMO where this style game thrives. nothing like sitting down with some mates. and see who can get a high wanted level and then survive. sandbox+passable controls=amazing good times.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Did any one have problems with the steam version of GTA IV? Because I could not run it on my Alienware which runs most games on high. That's the only reason I'm sceptical about buyin 5 for the PC when it's released... BTW I picked up the game for Xbox last night and its great. The graphics aren't spectacular but you get used to them. It's a lot of fun and I think that's the only reason people buy it for the consoles. And if you have a 360, there is an 8gb install disk which ate up the rest my 32gb usb

Its just GTA IV, I have problems with it on my rig (it doesnt even load now) you need to find the comandline for the game to improve the gpu performance, Have a go of Max Pyane 3....this game keeps my faith they can pull it off.

To be completely honest, I went out and bought the game on a PS3 that I haven't used in 3 years and I was very disappointed how bad the AA was and graphics were in general, also pissed that it didn't come out on PC, but hey I'm a GTA fan so I'll get it. Not sure if its me but, it lagged as well on a Bravia 46 Inch HX800 with a HDMI cable, could be my HDMI cable though, not sure.. as it does this with other games..

Waited 3 years for this game; non-stop checking everyday for trailers, photos and got disappointed with a shitty PS3 version..

I just hope, hope to god that the PC version is x1000's better the experience.

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

Played a couple hours into it, the fps didn't bug me like I thought it would, the textures were fairly high but they took way to long to load. The real problem is 720p stretched out onto a tv looks awful, and there is no AA whatsoever, the jaggies make driving pretty unbearable. I was content on puting up with it, until I got to a mission where I drove a jetski through a canal and it donned on me, at 1440p (or even 1080) With 8x MSAA and 16x af this game would be beautiful. So I decided to wait for PC rather then ruin the visual masterpiece. Might still play console online though. Luckily I didn't pay for it (Supporting console exclusivity goes aganst my morale code.)

How large is the T.V. you play on? I haven't noticed any jaggies playing on my 42" TV at all, I haven't had any problems with graphics also. Only some pop-in in minimal places.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

How does it does it hold up to PC gamer eyes though? heard it seems like it wasn't meant to run on current gen, 25fps texutres loading ate internal 720p resolution no filters, is it playabale or should I wait for PC?

on man its playable but not smooth as a PC. texture popping, and graphic bugs during driving and flying. alot of controller input lag(but its due to me using a tv on my 360, goes away once a monitor is hookup) I am enjoying the game. story is pretty good and lots to do. would enjoy it even more if it was on PC at 60FPS and higher on max settings

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

To be completely honest, I went out and bought the game on a PS3 that I haven't used in 3 years and I was very disappointed how bad the AA was and graphics were in general, also pissed that it didn't come out on PC, but hey I'm a GTA fan so I'll get it. Not sure if its me but, it lagged as well on a Bravia 46 Inch HX800 with a HDMI cable, could be my HDMI cable though, not sure.. as it does this with other games..

Waited 3 years for this game; non-stop checking everyday for trailers, photos and got disappointed with a shitty PS3 version..

I just hope, hope to god that the PC version is x1000's better the experience.

hook your PS3 to a monitor lag should go away.  my tv with a console all have input lag once hook to a monitor its gone.

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

Amazing game.  Driving was horrible at first but I am growing to like it, took like 7h game time.   I think rockstar put a learning curve to the driving,  early on cars show little damage and drive like they are on rails but now its more like the gta of old as far a car mechanics go.   Once you unlock trever the game changes and good and right go out the window, trever is INSANE lol.

I was playing GTA EFLC with a Titan in 3d on the pc while i waited for release but I still think this game is a step forward in graphics, its not as crisp and sharp but better in a different way.  I put GTAV on a new 56" 3dtv and used the TV's build in 3d conversion to make it 3d,  it works very well with nice depth.  Not everything is perfect but its still pretty cool none the less.