Wifi vs 4G Broadband

Shuhandler

Hi, 

So I have pretty shitty Internet (3.8mbps down) on adsl2+ and a 1TB data cap for $80AUD/m, I have looked around for something better and have found an ISP offering unlimited wireless 4G broadband for $10 less/m. I was just wondering if this would be a good switch, or if there are problems with 4G broadband that I don't know of.

Thanks

PS. My friend, who lives pretty close, has the same service and has better speeds than me.

4 minutes ago, Shuhandler said:

Hi, 

So I have pretty shitty Internet (3.8mbps down) on adsl2+ and a 1TB data cap for $80AUD/m, I have looked around for something better and have found an ISP offering unlimited wireless 4G broadband for $10 less/m. I was just wondering if this would be a good switch, or if there are problems with 4G broadband that I don't know of.

Thanks

PS. My friend, who lives pretty close, has the same service and has better speeds than me.

4G has very bad latency. If you don't plan to play online multiplayer games and only use it for downloading and streaming netflix and stuff then 4G is better.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

what is the Wi-Fi going to be fed by?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

5 hours ago, DXMember said:

what is the Wi-Fi going to be fed by?

I think you are getting confused.

A mobile internet connection works similar to a cable internet connection.

4gNetwork.png.57e22ae0778a50061c6cee9d2d

Insted of having a cable going into the modem/modem-router combo.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

8 minutes ago, mcraftax said:

I think you are getting confused.

A mobile internet connection works similar to a cable internet connection.

4gNetwork.png.57e22ae0778a50061c6cee9d2d

Insted of having a cable going into the modem/modem-router combo.

you can also feed the wifi with a cable

and when you compare a wifi off a 4g to a wifi off a cable - it's not the same

since the question was which is better a 4g or wifi then it is important to understand how the wifi is connected, because if it's feeding off of 4g then there is no difference at all

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

1 minute ago, DXMember said:

you can also feed the wifi with a cable

and when you compare a wifi off a 4g to a wifi off a cable - it's not the same

since the question was which is better a 4g or wifi then it is important to understand how the wifi is connected, because if it's feeding off of 4g then there is no difference at all

The only difference will when using WAN, the local network will perform the same. Plus I did say eitherm, built in accept point or stand alone in the diagram

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?