Which CPU/Motherboard fits to my build

Hi,

I'm new at building custom computers so i want to know your opinion:

I'm planning on building a gaming-only PC(no video editing) and there for I'll get a Sapphire R9 390 in a CollerMaster 690III case. But now I'm not sure which CPU will fit to this components.

I already have an elder I5-3350P at home with a Zotac motherboard(P8 Z77-V LX) but I'm not sure if this I5 will be strong enough and if not which CPU/motherboard can you recommend.

PS: I may overclock my CPU in the future and have planned a budget of around 200-250€ (=220-280$) for a new CPU(if necessary)

2 minutes ago, OCXenox said:

Hi,

I'm new at building custom computers so i want to know your opinion:

I'm planning on building a gaming-only PC(no video editing) and there for I'll get a Sapphire R9 390 in a CollerMaster 690III case. But now I'm not sure which CPU will fit to this components.

I already have an elder I5-3350P at home with a Zotac motherboard but I'm not sure if this I5 will be strong enough and if not which CPU/motherboard can you recommend.

PS: I may overclock my CPU in the future and have planned a budget of around 250€ (=280$) for a new CPU(if necessary)

try to get a 2600k , if it is good enough for luke lafr to stream games after wan show, then it will be fine for you 

with this cpu you can still use your old mobo and oc if you have a good cooler

1 hour ago, OCXenox said:

What's your budget for the build, what country and what's your display set up?

you're probably going to want an i5 6500, and if you only have a 1080p display you'd be better off with a 380/X

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1. Yes I'm planning on getiing 8GB RAM(2x4) DDR3 at 1600Hz

2. I'm looking forward playing games like Battlefield, Assassines Creed, The Witcher,... in 4K

3. My Pc Budget is around 1000€ and I'm from Austria but I'll buy all the stuff on the internet

I'm not sure about the i7-2600k because it doesn't support PCI 3.0 and it also only supports a max. RAM speed of 1333, but is the I5-6500 so much better either because therefor i would need a new motherboard as well?