Gigabyte x99 Gaming 7 wifi review

lh99

So I just wanted to post a quick review of the Gigabyte Gaming 7 wifi x99, because I think it is one of the most underrated x99 Mainboards out there. 

So at first it´s kinda hard to get, because in Germany only a few shops have it(whole review is germane based), but it has a great value for the money.

So at the moment it´s pretty expensive, but i got mine for around 260 euros (http://geizhals.de/gigabyte-ga-x99-gaming-7-wifi-a1153653.html).

Let´s start with the unboxing, the mb comes in a nice box, with all sli/crossfire bridges you could need, the sata cabels are nicely braded in black and there are 6 included (3 90degree, 3flat), also a manual and some paper you will never read are included. Now let´s get to the mb it self, so it has 4pcie x16 slots and 8 ram banks 8 usb 3.0 and so on just read the specs sheet, but what i think makes it really outstanding in this categorie of price where only the msi x99 gaming 7/m power are premium contestants are it´s onboard soundblaster soundchip, and not the normal alc 1150,  dual lan( one intel/one killer)  and onboard 2x5GHz ac wifi.

So the board is nicely build, even tho it is eATX so watch out, that your case supports it, but I had no problems with the mb connections, as I experienced on a cheap asrock z79. The power delivery is great, with more than usual phases and cool locking, and effective vram coolers, the soundchip works great, and wlan even better. Now let´s come to the downsides of this board, even after an bios update, it has relatively long bios boot times, and there is some weird problem when you shut down the pc, that the screen shuts down, but the fans are spinning for 30 seconds or so, but i only found this prob on windows not on linux, so i guess there´s sth wrong with my windows.

for questions just ask me, but it is my number one recommendation for x99

why i did this review, because when i bought this mainboard i was a bit scared of how good it really is, bc it all seemed too good, but i found no reviews. 

Edit: After 5 Months it broke down, to the reasons you can see more here:

I do think it is just a normal runtime error, and the manufactuere paid the money back no problem, but now i wouldn t really recommend it anymore, bc of minor errors, that i had with it. Also it s not beeing sold anymore, so i would recommend either the gigabyte ud5/7 wifi or the msi xpower ac if you want similar functions.

Member reviews have their own section a little ways down on the forum.  

1 minute ago, SurvivorNVL said:

Member reviews have their own section a little ways down on the forum.  

your right, how do i re locate it

@Godlygamer23  A mod like this chap here will probably move it to the appropriate forum.  If it doesn't bug out.  Forum is buggy as all hell lately.

2 minutes ago, lh99 said:

Just call one of the mods with the @ symbol or they'll eventually come on their own. I dunno all the mod names right now haha, someone call'em to move this xD

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

1 hour ago, lh99 said:

I've moved it for you to Members Reviews. While I understand the title of the sub-forum is confusing, the Review portion of Tech News and Reviews is meant for reviews found from websites like Anandtech, TechPowerUp, Hardware Canucks, etc. Members have their own sub-forum which was mentioned at the outset of this post.

As a side note, if you need a thread moved - and this goes for everyone as well - please report it using the caution-like icon found in posts. This sends it to all of us so if I'm not around, another mod will see it and hopefully move it in a timely fashion. Hopefully.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch