Which 980TI for VR

Viperxavier

Needing to upgrade video card for the rift!

Current card is EVGA 770 SC

I am looking at the

Gigabyte Geforce 980ti 6gb OC edition

EVGA GeForce 980 TI VRedition

Zotac GeForce 980TI 6GB AMP! Extream

I am well aware of the new cards coming out in the next few months for gaming tho I think the 980TI will hold its own for a bit.

The only difference between the VR Edition of the EVGA card and the rest is that the EVGA card comes with a front panel header with the ports to allow something like a rift or vive to be plugged in easily.

So the VR Edition card really is just more convenient to set up because you don't have to go behind the machine and put in cables and unplug them when not using the rift.

5 minutes ago, Viperxavier said:

Needing to upgrade video card for the rift!

Current card is EVGA 770 SC

I am looking at the

Gigabyte Geforce 980ti 6gb OC edition

EVGA GeForce 980 TI VRedition

Zotac GeForce 980TI 6GB AMP! Extream

I am well aware of the new cards coming out in the next few months for gaming tho I think the 980TI will hold its own for a bit.

Well for me if you could just wait it out until the new cards gets released that would be good because even if the new cards wouldn't lived up to the hype that much i think it is safe to expect that the prices of the older gen cards would drop. But if you are planning to get a new card now maybe go with EVGA IMO.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

9 minutes ago, DND said:

Well for me if you could just wait it out until the new cards gets released that would be good because even if the new cards wouldn't lived up to the hype that much i think it is safe to expect that the prices of the older gen cards would drop. But if you are planning to get a new card now maybe go with EVGA IMO.

This. 

The cards currently out were designed when VR was a pipe dream. 

Pascal/Polaris are being designed alongside VR so it's probably safe to say they'll perform better

3 minutes ago, DaltonM said:

This. 

The cards currently out were designed when VR was a pipe dream. 

Pascal/Polaris are being designed alongside VR so it's probably safe to say they'll perform better

I still haven't really checked out in detail the pascal/polaris but if that's the case then i think the best thing for the TS is to just wait it out.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

2 hours ago, DND said:

I still haven't really checked out in detail the pascal/polaris but if that's the case then i think the best thing for the TS is to just wait it out.

I should mention that me nor anyone else really KNOW that. But it would be a tremendous oversight to not take advantage of VR as a selling point from both camps