Any improvements that could be made to this pc?

IPROXGio

The PC link- http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3FHMJx

This PC is for my brother which has a tight space but would like to get a computer. Any improvements with parts I have selcted also if anyone has built in the Node 202 before will we need to add any extra fans or will the CPU cooler and the GPU fans takes care of cooling in it thanks. 

are you going for nvidia-specific features? (gamestream, g-sync, just preference even)

the R9 380 is mostly a better pick in that budget, unless you have reason to go with an nvidia card.

6 minutes ago, IPROXGio said:

The PC link- http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3FHMJx

This PC is for my brother which has a tight space but would like to get a computer. Any improvements with parts I have selcted also if anyone has built in the Node 202 before will we need to add any extra fans or will the CPU cooler and the GPU fans takes care of cooling in it thanks. 

well... no budget eh...

you can improve it by getting an unlocked cpu (6600k or 6700k), and a beefier cooler (can the noctua L12 can fit inside the node 202??)

get 16gb ram (2x8gb) instead of 2x4gb

get a 2.5inch hdd if you need capacity, and not moving the machine around much, its cheaper for mass storage

get a 980 Ti

swap that 450W for a silverstone sfx psu thats a higher wattage

if you wanna stay within that budget

try getting a 6600?

just use the stock intel cooler, the L9i isnt a better cooler unless you need the space

get a different motherboard with a cheaper chipset if you're not going to oc

get a 250gb ssd and a 1tb 2.5inch HDD, much better value

swap that gtx 960 to a 380 if you dont need nvidia's features

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

6 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Noctua NH-L9x65 would be a better pick. It should fit, and just gives it better cooling. And grab an MSI or EVGA 960. 

Is it worth going for 4GB of GDDR5 instead of 2GB 

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

well... no budget eh...

you can improve it by getting an unlocked cpu (6600k or 6700k), and a beefier cooler (can the noctua L12 can fit inside the node 202??)

get 16gb ram (2x8gb) instead of 2x4gb

get a 2.5inch hdd if you need capacity, and not moving the machine around much, its cheaper for mass storage

get a 980 Ti

swap that 450W for a silverstone sfx psu thats a higher wattage

if you wanna stay within that budget

try getting a 6600?

just use the stock intel cooler, the L9i isnt a better cooler unless you need the space

get a different motherboard with a cheaper chipset if you're not going to oc

get a 250gb ssd and a 1tb 2.5inch HDD, much better value

swap that gtx 960 to a 380 if you dont need nvidia's features

Already mentioned the L9x65

450W is enough for 6500 and gtx 960

don't use AMD cards in these confined spaces, this is definitely nvidia's area

How about getting a smaller capacity SSD along with a larger HDD/SSHD?

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

Already mentioned the L9x65

450W is enough for 6500 and gtx 960

don't use AMD cards in these confined spaces, this is definitely nvidia's ballpark.

the psu is for the 980Ti and the unlocked cpu if he opted for it, its in a different category if you didnt notice

i dont see a problem using AMD gpu in the node 202, since the gpu compartment can have two 120mm fans sucking air into the compartment, and amd cards only run slightly hotter than nvidia's equivalent counterpart, and the 380 isnt that powerful enough to heatsoak itself anyway.

Maybe get a proper PSU? 

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

1 minute ago, IPROXGio said:

Also we are keeping with Nvidia

here ya go

Spoiler

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/RbdVrH
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/RbdVrH/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£186.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Motherboard: MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£78.51 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£56.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£67.98 @ Novatech) 
Storage: Seagate Momentus SpinPoint 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£81.48 @ Kustom PCs) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  (£268.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case w/450W Power Supply  (£120.50 @ Kustom PCs) 
Total: £861.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-25 10:39 GMT+0000

10 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

the psu is for the 980Ti and the unlocked cpu if he opted for it, its in a different category if you didnt notice

i dont see a problem using AMD gpu in the node 202, since the gpu compartment can have two 120mm fans sucking air into the compartment, and amd cards only run slightly hotter than nvidia's equivalent counterpart, and the 380 isnt that powerful enough to heatsoak itself anyway.

But he's not going to use either of those... Even with the 380, that 450W is enough.

Wow there, temperature and heat output are two very different things. Them running 65 vs 67 (hypothetically) does not mean it's a marginal difference. In these small cases excess heat quickly builds up, and eventhough you have fresh intake, it has little airflow. Fanspeeds quickly ramp up and it becomes really noisy.

Power_w_755.png

I've been making ITX systems for the past few years, and issues that weren't even a problem on my ATX build are really amplified to extremes in small cases. One part that isn't alligned properly or choked for airflow quickly overheats. Had my 970 overheat in the Node 304 because I used an AIO for example, even with fans blasting.

104W vs. 201W is a fuckton of heat for an ITX case.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sapphire-itx-compact-r9-380,4264.html#

That said, it is faster though, but it's not worth the noise. Especially since even the 970 uses less power, and would be significantly faster.

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

he's not going to use either of those... Even with the 380, that 450W is enough.

he was asking for suggestion, and i separated my suggestions into two categories if u didnt notice

well he aint gonna get amd gpu so i dont see a point arguing any further

or how i could point out that how did they obtain gpu's wattage without the system wattage is beyond me

but ill leave it at that

if by any chance he is open to amd's gpu, and temperature and wattage is a concern, try fit an r9 nano into his budget

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

he was asking for suggestion, and i separated my suggestions into two categories if u didnt notice

or how i could point out that how did they obtain gpu's wattage without the system wattage is beyond me

but ill leave it at that

if by any chance he is open to amd's gpu, and temperature and wattage is a concern, try fit an r9 nano into his budget

Sorry the R9 nano is too expensive to fit the budget. Anyway got any recommended 2.5" Hard drives?  

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

but ill leave it at that

Intercepting PCI-E and PEG power before it goes to the GPU. They have PCB's for this.

1 minute ago, IPROXGio said:

Sorry the R9 nano is too expensive to fit the budget. Anyway got any recommended 2.5" Hard drives?  

19 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

here ya go

Reveal hidden contents

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/RbdVrH
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/RbdVrH/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£186.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Motherboard: MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£78.51 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£56.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£67.98 @ Novatech) 
Storage: Seagate Momentus SpinPoint 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£81.48 @ Kustom PCs) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  (£268.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case w/450W Power Supply  (£120.50 @ Kustom PCs) 
Total: £861.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-25 10:39 GMT+0000