A Fair Warning to anyone having sudden trouble with fiber

Lil Chillbil

Turns out I was using the xbox 360 ethernet cable that came with the original. That cable was slowing down my speed to like 4mb down and 512k up and I was suffering for days

switched out the cable and now i'm back at my promised fiber speeds

2971423444.png

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

That cable SUCKS! That reminds me, I need a new one for gta v tomorrow :(

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

is that fibre speeds? over here, we can get like 200 mb/s on fibre, although it costs 300e /month

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

is that fibre speeds? over here, we can get like 200 mb/s on fibre, although it costs 300e /month

fiber that we get is 250mb but I don't have a fast enough cable we are paying $200 a month for our internet 

#KilledMyWife 

I want fiber :(  :angry:

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

fiber that we get is 250mb but I don't have a fast enough cable we are paying $200 a month for our internet 

heh. i dont even earn 200 dollar/month.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I want fiber :(  :angry:

Its a wonderful thing, Imagine having the whole internet being hosted from your pc thats how fast it is. 

#KilledMyWife 

Its a wonderful thing, Imagine having the whole internet being hosted from your pc thats how fast it is. 

Shhhhhh Now I am craving Fiber  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Welcome to the UK, where not only was the cable providing your internet laid while Elvis was alive, he was also thin and considered a young man.

post-1830-0-83202600-1379375488.png

Stuff I try to use;

AMD FX 8350 4.3Ghz, Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard, 2x Asus HD6850, 8BG Kingston Hyper X RAM, Hyper X 120Gb SSD, Corsair GS800 PSU, Cooler Master HAF922 Case and my branes.

That doesn't seem right. Even if the cable was broken (the cable that comes with the Xbox should be able to handle 100Mbps with ease), it shouldn't affect the rest of the network. Oh well, at least you're getting your full speed now.

Love how everyone jumped on the jealousy train.

That doesn't seem right. Even if the cable was broken (the cable that comes with the Xbox should be able to handle 100Mbps with ease), it shouldn't affect the rest of the network. Oh well, at least you're getting your full speed now.

Also confused. Don't know how a cat5 cable could do this...

I also highly doubt it was the cable making your connection slow. For me I got VDSL2 installed last month 30mB/s up and 11mb/s down. It is great as I wont get fibre here till 2016.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

I also highly doubt it was the cable making your connection slow. For me I got VDSL2 installed last month 30mB/s up and 11mb/s down. It is great as I wont get fibre here till 2016.

i just sign up with telecom today getting the modem tomorrow and the guy to install it on tuesday. who did you go with and did you have much noise on your line

i just sign up with telecom today getting the modem tomorrow and the guy to install it on tuesday. who did you go with and did you have much noise on your line

I am with Snap, came from Slingshot, I am right on the limit of VDSL2 as the cable goes a stupid way to get to my house :(. However I get very low errors, but it is still faster and also cheaper than the plan I was on so I am happy.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

Yea that cable is only cat5 I believe not even cat5e. Only reason I know this is from was back when I worked at gamestop and we took them in as trade ins.

Who you with? :blink:  virgin just upgrade me to 120mb

BT. There's no fibre so it's as god as it gets.

Being fair, I can watch HD videos and download from steam at 1mb/sec.

Stuff I try to use;

AMD FX 8350 4.3Ghz, Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard, 2x Asus HD6850, 8BG Kingston Hyper X RAM, Hyper X 120Gb SSD, Corsair GS800 PSU, Cooler Master HAF922 Case and my branes.

First off that is consumer fiber speeds which are more than normal. He most likely has 100Dw/10Up contracted but ofc we normally dont get fully what is contracted.

Then you want prices?

In portugal.

I have 100down with 10 up for 40€ a month with phone included.

My ISP gives 200down with 20up for 90€ a month with phone included.

Now stop being a jerk and saying: Oh he have this bla bla bla and its way better etc. And be happy with what you have.

Yeah, there's a lot of that going on on this forum, I've got a warning point for pulling someone up on it so be careful.

Stuff I try to use;

BT. There's no fibre so it's as god as it gets.

Being fair, I can watch HD videos and download from steam at 1mb/sec.

And honestly dont feel too bad about it.

Even with fiber you rage more with the servers then with your internet most of the times.

Most of the times you cant use its full potential because of the servers. I have 100dw/20up and the only places I really can take advantage of it is multiple users, torrents (some), steam and some downloads.

So if you have a good very stable and low ping internet you are fine.

First off that is consumer fiber speeds which are more than normal. He most likely has 100Dw/10Up contracted but ofc we normally dont get fully what is contracted.

Then you want prices?

In portugal.

I have 100down with 10 up for 40€ a month with phone included.

My ISP gives 200down with 20up for 90€ a month with phone included.

Now stop being a jerk and saying: Oh he have this bla bla bla and its way better etc. And be happy with what you have.

those prices are lower than what we have. I never said i had 200 mb/s internet. you responded very defensively and aggressive.

those prices are lower than what we have. I never said i had 200 mb/s internet. you responded very defensively and aggressive.

LOL ok, I was aggressive because of your attitude.

Let me break it down for you:

Your sentence:

"is that fibre speeds?"  This can go 2 ways. 1 way is you are really in doubt. The other way is you being ironic which seems to be the case because of what you say next. You look like you are implying that his internet speeds are bad and dont look like fiber. I mean having 80down and 10up must suck really hard for you I guess.

over here, we can get like 200 mb/s on fibre Talking like: We have better here etc etc. And this is the part where it makes you a jerk in the entire sentence because of your previous question.

, although it costs 300e /month  Then to finish it off, since you dont want to be a jerk you try to say something nice, which becomes irrelevant. And raises the question: If it costs 300€ a month, why even bring this entire comment?

So yeah, I was a bit aggressive with you? yes and I think you deserved it.