Low Youtube bitrate

Jordan1417
Go to solution Solved by Jordan1417,
46 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

People make the same claims about Comcast. It could be an issue with Youtube. Or it could be the route your packets are taking to get to youtube. Maybe do a tracert and see where the issue is that way. See if its on the ISP network or if its further down the chain. 

After a week of Youtube only using 800-1000 kbps. After I called Time Warner last night I woke up and Youtube is using all of my download speed. Not sure what the problem was but it seems to be solved.

I have Time Warner internet. I achieved a speed of 36/6 Mbps. But when I go to Youtube, it only uses 600-1000 kbps of my internet speed and I am not able to watch anything in better quality than 360p. But, when I watch Netflix, browse the web, etc. It uses as much bandwidth as possible. I know there probably isn't, but, is there a way I can get Youtube to use more bit rate. This issue has only occurred in the past week. I have tried to reset my modem/router countless times, call Time Warner, and even different web browsers. I currently use Google Chrome. 

Thanks for any help!

Hmmm, sounds like a net neutrality problem.... Its all a conspiracy. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

sounds like theyre throttling youtube...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

15 minutes ago, Jordan1417 said:

I have tried to reset my modem/router countless times, call Time Warner, and even different web browsers. I currently use Google Chrome.

I assume this is with your computer. Do you have a wireless device? How does it work?

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

10 hours ago, HPWebcamAble said:

I assume this is with your computer. Do you have a wireless device? How does it work?

My computer is hooked up with a Ethernet cable. Same thing is happening with phones and tablets.

10 hours ago, Enderman said:

sounds like theyre throttling youtube...

10 hours ago, Orangeator said:

Hmmm, sounds like a net neutrality problem.... Its all a conspiracy. 

Wasn't there a law passed that doesn't allow internet companies to throttle anymore?

52 minutes ago, Jordan1417 said:

Wasn't there a law passed that doesn't allow internet companies to throttle anymore?

Yeah it was passed. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

People make the same claims about Comcast. It could be an issue with Youtube. Or it could be the route your packets are taking to get to youtube. Maybe do a tracert and see where the issue is that way. See if its on the ISP network or if its further down the chain. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

46 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

After a week of Youtube only using 800-1000 kbps. After I called Time Warner last night I woke up and Youtube is using all of my download speed. Not sure what the problem was but it seems to be solved.