Budget Gaming Rig

Hey guys,so I am planning to buy this Rig.I'm living in Romania so the website is romanian but the parts are still the same.

I read some reviews and I think that for my 4200 RON budget,(that's around 950 US-Dollars) this build is the best.

What do you think about it?

http://www.pcgarage.ro/vizualizare-wishlist/1675351/ 

Should I change something or is this configuration good?

Do you really want to overclock? I mean, is K series neccesary?

Also PSU could be 520-550W

And Corsair 200R would save bit money if you don't care about looks

This is what I recommend for a $1000 gaming PC. Mini-ITX build (you can go bigger if you want) with built-in Wireless and Bluetooth. See if you can get these parts in your local Romanian outlets.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($196.88 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($113.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($73.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($299.99 @ Micro Center)
Case: Fractal Design Define Mini MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($99.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $949.61
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-23 14:21 EDT-0400

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

3 minutes ago, Me1bourne said:

Do you really want to overclock? I mean, is K series neccesary?

Also PSU could be 520-550W

And Corsair 200R would save bit money if you don't care about looks

Yea,I would like to overclock,so the K series is kinda neccesary.There is no 200R by Corsair ,so I'll go with the 650W one.

14 minutes ago, Mekkerino said:

Paying extra for overclocking isn't going to be worth it most likely for gaming, don't buy a V300 SSD, look for an XFX/Seasonic/Superflower/EVGA(non NEX) PSU potentially, and you probably don't need a DVD drive

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

This is what I recommend for a $1000 gaming PC. Mini-ITX build (you can go bigger if you want) with built-in Wireless and Bluetooth.

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($113.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($73.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($299.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Thanks man,but i'm not into mini ITX build,plus that i want to overclock so the parts u picked are not overclockable (CPU)

Just now, Streetguru said:

Paying extra for overclocking isn't going to be worth it most likely for gaming, don't buy a V300 SSD, look for an XFX/Seasonic/Superflower/EVGA(non NEX) PSU potentially, and you probably don't need a DVD drive

Why shouldn't I but the v300 ssd?The dvd drive shall stay cause I never know when I will use it.Anyways 15$ for the dvd drive...

5 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

This is what I recommend for a $1000 gaming PC. Mini-ITX build (you can go bigger if you want) with built-in Wireless and Bluetooth. See if you can get these parts in your local Romanian outlets.

Doesn't it hurt the concept of a mini-ITX build to go with a micro-ATX case?

Just now, Mekkerino said:

Why shouldn't I but the v300 ssd?The dvd drive shall stay cause I never know when I will use it.Anyways 15$ for the dvd drive...

Kingston did a bait and switch with the V300 series and the review samples were different from the retail SSDs after a short while, they were much slower.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

12 minutes ago, Mekkerino said:

Thanks man,but i'm not into mini ITX build,plus that i want to overclock so the parts u picked are not overclockable (CPU)

You'll be getting way over the $1000 mark if you want an overclockable CPU. You'll need a Z170 series motherboard and a strong CPU cooler as well. When it comes to gaming PCs, you should always spend more on your GPU.

As I said, you can buy bigger motherboards if you want. The case is a Micro-ATX case for your convenience.

What size do you like? Mini? Micro? Or Mid-Towers?

10 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Doesn't it hurt the concept of a mini-ITX build to go with a micro-ATX case?

I doesn't. Rather, if you have a larger case, you have more compatibility with motherboards, should you decide to switch.

Or if you're paranoid, then you can buy the Fractal Design Define Nano S. xD

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/fractal-design-case-fdcadefnanosbkw

Edited by Shahnewaz
Forgot to mention about cooling an OCKed CPU.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

2 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

I doesn't. Rather, if you have a larger case, you have more compatibility with motherboards, should you decide to switch.

Or if you're paranoid, then you can buy the Fractal Design Define Nano S. xD

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/fractal-design-case-fdcadefnanosbkw

Well, if you're that fond of the micro-ATX form-factor due to its more diverse upgrade options, why not just pick a Micro-ATX motherboard? An LGA 1151 mATX motherboard and a decent budget wireless card will still be about half the price of the motherboard you picked.

It isn't paranoia- it's a logical inquiry.

Thanks guys,perhaps I will look into some mATX and mini ITX builds and I'll change the v300 series ssd.

Thank you a lot !

1 minute ago, Mekkerino said:

Thanks guys,perhaps I will look into some mATX and mini ITX builds and I'll change the v300 series ssd.

Thank you a lot !

Check out the Thermaltake V21. It's an excellent, compact, value-oriented mATX case with a modular interior design with versatile mounting options and an included 200mm fan.

5 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Well, if you're that fond of the micro-ATX form-factor due to its more diverse upgrade options, why not just pick a Micro-ATX motherboard? An LGA 1151 mATX motherboard and a decent budget wireless card will still half the price of the motherboard you picked.

It isn't paranoia- it's a logical inquiry.

Well, Gigabyte's WiFi+Bluetooth H170 motherboard only comes in a Mini-ITX form factor. I wish the built-in WiFi and Bluetooth feature came in other form factors, but so far, there is none.

I'll be honest, choosing the Micro-ATX case was a mistake. I didn't see that in the first place.

Just now, Aereldor said:

Check out the Thermaltake V21. It's an excellent, compact, value-oriented mATX case with a modular interior design with versatile mounting options and an included 200mm fan.

Thanks,I will have a look

9 minutes ago, Mekkerino said:

I think I'll stick with the mid Tower case. I'll just change the ssd with this one  http://www.pcgarage.ro/ssd/intel/535-series-120gb-sata-iii-25-inch/

Mid-Tower it is!

Do you need a WiFi/Bluetooth adapter? I haven't included one in this build.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($140.98 @ NCIX US)
Case: Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $946.60
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-23 15:00 EDT-0400

3 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Mid-Tower it is!

Do you need a WiFi/Bluetooth adapter? I haven't included one in this build.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($140.98 @ NCIX US)
Case: Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $946.60
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-23 15:00 EDT-0400

Nah dude,I'm totally fine with this build http://www.pcgarage.ro/vizualizare-wishlist/1675351/   

I'll just change the ssd with an INTEL one and I'm done :P,thanks anyways 

42 minutes ago, Mekkerino said:

Nah dude,I'm totally fine with this build http://www.pcgarage.ro/vizualizare-wishlist/1675351/   

I'll just change the ssd with an INTEL one and I'm done :P,thanks anyways 

As you wish. You're welcome.