Asus RT N66W vs RT-AC66U

Ok so which one is better of these two? im not sure how to compare them so if someone knows that would be awesome, im looking at both of them because the RT AC66U was recomended to me but there is a RT N66W for $50 used on Blocket(swedish craigs list) and if there is no real difirance i might just get it because my wifi situation is shit right now. thanks for any replies and any help :D

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

11 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Ok so which one is better of these two? im not sure how to compare them so if someone knows that would be awesome, im looking at both of them because the RT AC66U was recomended to me but there is a RT N66W for $50 used on Blocket(swedish craigs list) and if there is no real difirance i might just get it because my wifi situation is shit right now. thanks for any replies and any help :D

worth a read. ill let you decide if the speed difference is worth it.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/review-rt-ac66u-vs-rt-n66u.7978/

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Neither. The ac66u I use is perfect for high speed WiFi. But if you have a WiFi problem to start with, none of both will be the magic button to press.

It does help when:

- You're using the congested 2.4 band and looking for a 5GHz way out.

- You're using WiFi extenders or repeaters.

- You want to replace the old b/g router.

Most likely you have a WiFi range problem.

In that case: all routers have a maximum, regulated by governments power (Wattage) they send out. 

Technology improves, so a WiFi ac lets you sit maybe 3m/4m further from your router then with a WiFi n.

...When your device also supports it.

I hope I'm wrong and the ac66u solves your problem. If not, we're here to help.

40 minutes ago, Belgiangurista said:

Neither. The ac66u I use is perfect for high speed WiFi. But if you have a WiFi problem to start with, none of both will be the magic button to press.

It does help when:

- You're using the congested 2.4 band and looking for a 5GHz way out.

- You're using WiFi extenders or repeaters.

- You want to replace the old b/g router.

Most likely you have a WiFi range problem.

In that case: all routers have a maximum, regulated by governments power (Wattage) they send out. 

Technology improves, so a WiFi ac lets you sit maybe 3m/4m further from your router then with a WiFi n.

...When your device also supports it.

I hope I'm wrong and the ac66u solves your problem. If not, we're here to help.

well it literally cant be worse then  what i have, also im going to load Merlin on it instead of whatever might be on it, Merlin is really good and has a lot of great features if you didnt know :) if you want to know what i would guess its a turd in a box but its actiually just something from some real company that my ISP forced on me when i upgraded speed and its just killed the wifi in the house(i upgraded from 8mbit/s to 30mbit/s lol)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016