Does that cheap controller good for PC gaming ?

maria2244

Or I need an expensive one ?         -3142w60.jpg

I'm MARIA 23 years old Girl (Female) .

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

What is wrong with a mouse and keyboard? Unless you are playing a street fighter or racing type game you should be using a mouse and keyboard... However if that uses the same drivers as a normal PS3 controller you shouldn't have a problem. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

It'll work just fine. It being wireless though, you'll need a USB cord to plug it in, or a bluetooth adapter on your computer. Then, you'll have to download a compatible program. With a PS3 controller, you'd need DS3Tool (I think they may have renamed it?) or InputMapper (which I KNOW works with PS4 controllers, and I'm pretty sure it works with PS3 controllers)

Screenaninator: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 Nitro

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8300

Stickaminator: 16GB Crucial Vengance DDR3

Powermathingy: Corsair RM850i

attachamajiggy: Asus M5A97 R2.0 f

Remembrerthing: 240 GB Crucial SSD, 2TB Toshiba HDD

1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

What is wrong with a mouse and keyboard? Unless you are playing a street fighter or racing type game you should be using a mouse and keyboard... However if that uses the same drivers as a normal PS3 controller you shouldn't have a problem. 

How to check for that ? I'm using windows 10 it said compatible with PS3 /slim PC ps2

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

1 minute ago, maria2244 said:

How to check for that ? I'm using windows 10 it said compatible with PS3 /slim PC ps2

Well you would have to plug it into the PC and look at a guide on how to use a PS3 controller for the PC. There is probably a guide here on the forum on how to do it. Just use the search bar... There is no other way to find out. 

Honestly the best way to do this would be getting a Xbox 360 controller. That would work the best as you wouldn't need to deal with drivers. 

2 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Well you would have to plug it into the PC and look at a guide on how to use a PS3 controller for the PC. There is probably a guide here on the forum on how to do it. Just use the search bar... There is no other way to find out. 

Thanks can a cheap controller like this damage anything in my PC ?

4 minutes ago, maria2244 said:

Thanks can a cheap controller like this damage anything in my PC ?

no of course not, but its probably just a cheap poorly made controller, might not be accurate or last forever

id say get like a 360 pad or something

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

9 minutes ago, maria2244 said:

snip

whats the price of that controller?, also in some really cheap controllers the left stick works as D pad and the right stick works as the 4 buttons, in another words the sticks wont work like they should be.

and here is another option if u would like, the logitech F310 it goes for 20-25 USD and it uses xbox 360 driver so it will work on everything.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-940-000110-Gamepad-F310/dp/B003VAHYQY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458751723&sr=8-1&keywords=f310

1 hour ago, D4RK said:

whats the price of that controller?, also in some really cheap controllers the left stick works as D pad and the right stick works as the 4 buttons, in another words the sticks wont work like they should be.

and here is another option if u would like, the logitech F310 it goes for 20-25 USD and it uses xbox 360 driver so it will work on everything.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-940-000110-Gamepad-F310/dp/B003VAHYQY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458751723&sr=8-1&keywords=f310

Yeah that should work fine.

On 3/23/2016 at 11:49 AM, D4RK said:

I can vouch for this.  Same layout as a Playstation controller, but is detected as an XBox 360 controller.  I have one myself, has lasted for several years of abuse.

EDIT:  I just realized I necro'd a thread I've kept on this tab for a few days... sorry.

[witty signature]

1 hour ago, Timmy-P said:

I can vouch for this.  Same layout as a Playstation controller, but is detected as an XBox 360 controller.  I have one myself, has lasted for several years of abuse.

EDIT:  I just realized I necro'd a thread I've kept on this tab for a few days... sorry.

i am curious now how many taps do u have opened at a time lol?

34 minutes ago, D4RK said:

i am curious now how many taps do u have opened at a time lol?

It's not that, it's that I had it open, left it open, and forgot about it until earlier today.

I have nine open right now, but I've had a bit more in recent days, I usually run less.

[witty signature]

1 minute ago, Timmy-P said:

It's not that, it's that I had it open, left it open, and forgot about it until earlier today.

I have nine open right now, but I've had a bit more in recent days, I usually run less.

i guess i never had that happen to me sine i tend to turn off my pc daily :P

6 minutes ago, D4RK said:

i guess i never had that happen to me sine i tend to turn off my pc daily :P

I do too, except I use Waterfox/Firefox, which allows me to restore my previous session.  I can keep certain tabs for days between sessions.

[witty signature]