Broadband / Phone / TV

PCHelp2015

Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum, but I couldn't see anywhere else to put it. My issue is I'm looking to upgrade from my Virgin Media package which consists of: TV, Broadband and Home Phone. I was wondering, is it possible to get a package from any other providers which only include TV + Broadband (without line rental for the phone). This is because nobody in my house uses the phone, and we're wasting £18 per  month (which could be spent on upgrading the internet speed)

Ty.

1 hour ago, daniielrp said:

Why not just get rid of your landline with virgin?

Line rental is mandatory, so they say.

1 minute ago, PCHelp2015 said:

Virgin is the only one where a line rental is not mandatory

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

38 minutes ago, PCHelp2015 said:

Yeh that's an absolute lie. Virgin is fibre to the street and then coax to house, they have absolutely no need to charge you for a phone line. 

It even says it right on their page:

vm.PNG.07f576fd001f22607fb371c7e088ddd0.

Had 50mbps connection 2 years ago with VM, broadband only (wasn't as cheap as it could but fuck phone line).

There is couple that do broadband only for sure but broadband + TV I'm not sure about. Find out what ISPs u have available in your area and search for broadband + TV package or call them all up to see whether such option is possible even though it is not listed on their website.

(I assumed u are in UK lol, if not then ignore the last paragraph)

I found VM throttling YouTube at certain time of the day :/

Heard BT has terrible Customer Service.

It is not easy to pick an ISP in UK :(

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I've just moved into my own place and got Virgin Media as was with them at my dads house.

I wanted the fastest BB speed possible which is 200MB but didnt want the line rental, When speaking to them they offered me 50MB and M TV Package with out a line for like £41 which tbh wasnt that great.

So i just bit the bullet and took Big Kahuna package they offer, I do pay more after 6 months but got a free tablet and best TV package and BB Speed. 

Gaming Rig:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600X @ 4.1GHz All Cores - Ram: 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE - GPU: 5600XT MSI Gaming X - Storage: Samsung EVO 840 250GB - 2TB Seagate Drive OS: Win10

HTPC Rig:
CPU: i5 6400 - Ram: 16GB - GPU: 970 GTX - Storage: 120 Kingston SSD & 2x 1TB Seagate Drive OS: Win10