How to overclock to 3.5 GHz?

I want to overclock my Core 2 Duo E8500 to 3.5 GHz. But my motherboard which is the ASRock G41C-GS is so terrible that it refuses to even POST after overclocking 0.1 GHz. There's no VCore option, and i don't want to change stuff on the motherboard. BIOS has no VCore, neither OC Tuner, but OC Tuner HAS a VCore option in other motherboards. And they claim you can overclock a processor up to 143% its stock speed, and no VCore. Really ASRock? The max clock speed i can get to is around 3.2 GHz with a stock speed of 3.16 GHz. Yep. How can i get it to overclock to 3.5 GHz or even 4 GHz? Can't change the multiplier, beacuse at stock it's already at 9.5, and i can't change it to 9.6 or higher. Also changing it to 9 or 8.5 and then going up will not even let me get the stock speed before freezing and not POSTing at all.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

get a motherboard that doesnt suck?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

3 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

get a motherboard that doesnt suck?

No

Just now, Codyman125 said:

Then don't get mad when you can't OC.

Sometimes it goes beyond the barrier, and even though the BIOS shows the unstable multiplier (ex. 349), it's actually just the stock one (333).

Just because a CPU can overclock doesn't mean you are equipped for it. The motherboard handles the power delivery and it is important that it is capable of overclocking. You can check to see if there is a BIOS update for that particular motherboard to give you more functionality, but no gaurantees. If the motherboard won't do it, it won't do it.

As has been mentioned, if you want to OC, you'll need a better motherboard. However, if it was my money, I wouldn't be spending it on a motherboard for a system with a Core 2 Duo. I'd be saving it to put towards a new CPU and motherboard, either Z97 or, preferably, Z170. 

1 minute ago, adamjp said:

Just because a CPU can overclock doesn't mean you are equipped for it. The motherboard handles the power delivery and it is important that it is capable of overclocking. You can check to see if there is a BIOS update for that particular motherboard to give you more functionality, but no gaurantees. If the motherboard won't do it, it won't do it.

No VCore on any of the bios revisions. Forgot to say that.