How do I connect a VM with another computer (Very Little Lag)

WhatComesAround

I have a question, I am trying to "split" my computer into two and have my friend edit videos while I make others (many, otherwise this would be needless)(and I will make videos made sent to a shared folder automatically). I would like to ask if there is a way that I could connect to that account with as little latency as possible. I would also like to ask if I should consider an X99 system in the future or whether I should still go for a Z170A system. Thank you all in advance :D

X99. Definitely. You could try that thing Linus did with "2 Gamers 1 CPU".

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Just now, Crowes said:

:D Exactly what I was thinking

Teamviewer doesn't have that much latency,
maybe i missunderstood what you're trying to do?

Redliquid~

1 minute ago, Redliquid said:

Teamviewer doesn't have that much latency,
maybe i missunderstood what you're trying to do?

Split a set of hardware between two different people so they can do their own thing without interfering with the other.

Something like this:

Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

4 minutes ago, Crowes said:

I already considered that, but that had quite a bit of latency as our internet connection ain't too great. I was wondering if I could do something else (I am new to networking)

4 minutes ago, WhatComesAround said:

I already considered that, but that had quite a bit of latency as our internet connection ain't too great. I was wondering if I could do something else (I am new to networking)

well are you both in the same room/house? or do you want it to run over the internet so he can access from his home? citrix offers some good solutions. but theyre not free.

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

Just now, Minsekt said:

well are you both in the same room/house? or do you want it to run over the internet so he can access from his home? citrix offers some good solutions. but theyre not free.

At home

forget that if you both dont have a good connection. theres no free/cheap solution to that without going mad because of the lag/delay/it being unprecise if you want to edit videos. 

even with a citrix connection this wouldnt be absolutely smooth. i wouldnt want to work like that.

and moving large,propably unrendered videos like this takes ages if youre not on fiber.

sorry

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

4 minutes ago, Minsekt said:

forget that if you both dont have a good connection. theres no free/cheap solution to that without going mad because of the lag/unprecision if you want to edit videos. 

even with a citrix connection this wouldnt be absolutely smooth. i wouldnt want to work like that.

and moving large,propably unrendered videos like this takes ages if youre not on fiber.

sorry

Yea ok :/ Thanks tho

17 minutes ago, Crowes said:

Split a set of hardware between two different people so they can do their own thing without interfering with the other.

Something like this:

I guess ill just go with team viewer :D

Good luck. Hopefully there's not too much lag when it comes to scrubbing through video.

18 minutes ago, Crowes said:

Good luck. Hopefully there's not too much lag when it comes to scrubbing through video.

Yea that is what I was afraid of

45 minutes ago, WhatComesAround said:

Yea that is what I was afraid of

No harm in trying I guess, although it seems it's pretty obvious that's what's gonna happen.

2 hours ago, Crowes said:

No harm in trying I guess, although it seems it's pretty obvious that's what's gonna happen.

Btw do you know how I could get adobe premier pro to work on a VM, because it said something about a graphics driver needing to be updated. It's a VM so a GPU isn't exactly assigned to it right? (New to VMs)