[NEED HELP] Sprint and Foscam IP camera

My client has wanted me to do this project for a while now, and I've continuously failed to get anywhere with this project. He wanted a camera set up on the east coast, that he could monitor from anywhere using his computer. I found a Foscam camera (The FI9900P) that seemed to satisfy his needs. Sadly, WiFi was not an option, so I looked into a mobile hotspot. The only option on the market that supported port forwarding was the Netgear Aircard Zing, which I got on eBay. What I had in mind was to:

1. Forward a port on the hotspot set to the camera's IP address
  2. Connect the camera to the hotspot
  3. Set the system up in the designated area and be able to check on the camera whenever.

So far I have successfully gotten the hotspot device activated and tested the network, along with using the camera itself on my home network, which is not port forwarded. My problem is within getting the camera connected to the hotspot network, as it never works, and I have to reset the camera each time I attempt. This overly-simplified idea evidently didn't work, and I've been struggling to figure out a solution to this problem for months. My client is astonishingly patient, but I need to get this done soon and I'd be extremely appreciative if someone could give me some guidance as to how I can achieve this. Thank you.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

More info needed. 

How are you connecting the camera to the hot spot. 

What are the interfaces on the camera. usb, ethernet, rca?

2 hours ago, tcolecruz said:

My client has wanted me to do this project for a while now, and I've continuously failed to get anywhere with this project. He wanted a camera set up on the east coast, that he could monitor from anywhere using his computer. I found a Foscam camera (The FI9900P) that seemed to satisfy his needs. Sadly, WiFi was not an option, so I looked into a mobile hotspot. The only option on the market that supported port forwarding was the Netgear Aircard Zing, which I got on eBay. What I had in mind was to:

1. Forward a port on the hotspot set to the camera's IP address
  2. Connect the camera to the hotspot
  3. Set the system up in the designated area and be able to check on the camera whenever.

So far I have successfully gotten the hotspot device activated and tested the network, along with using the camera itself on my home network, which is not port forwarded. My problem is within getting the camera connected to the hotspot network, as it never works, and I have to reset the camera each time I attempt. This overly-simplified idea evidently didn't work, and I've been struggling to figure out a solution to this problem for months. My client is astonishingly patient, but I need to get this done soon and I'd be extremely appreciative if someone could give me some guidance as to how I can achieve this. Thank you.

if you set up the hotspot, and connect the camera and  another device on the same hotspot can you see the camera?  Also it is possibly a sprint issue not allowing the port?  try another port maybee?  If you are just trying 80 i think they block that port.

2 hours ago, Missioncode said:

More info needed. 

How are you connecting the camera to the hot spot. 

What are the interfaces on the camera. usb, ethernet, rca?

Thanks for asking. The camera is connecting via WiFi. I first connect it to my home network, and then use a companion app on my phone to switch the network which the camera connects to to the hotspot. There is an Ethernet port on the camera, but no port on the hotspot. I imagine I could use some sort of adapter. Another helpful guy made some suggestions here:

I considered trying to set it up to email images every once in a while. Let me know what you think.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this.