Getting started in photography

piplupgao

exactly... 

equipment doesnt equal talent. photography is an art. you cant buy your way into being Michelangelo 

Yeah, still don't get what kind of job a 12 year old has 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Not in this case, the D3200 is just a better camera than the 100D. Plus he gets a monopod, and a camera bag with what I listed.

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-EOS-100D-vs-Nikon-D3200

it is a better camera, but I stand by my opinion that i would take the canon in this case 

#KilledMyWife 

it is a better camera, but I stand by my opinion that i would take the canon in this case 

Why would you take the Canon?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Why would you take the Canon?

In this case i'm not making a very sane decision but I have such good memories with the brand canon. I would go with it for the movie mode as nikon still hasn't mastered it 

#KilledMyWife 

If you want to go used you can get a while load of things. I got my D80,18-55mm, 50mm and 70-300mm (all Nikon branded) for about $800

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

If you want to go used you can get a while load of things. I got my D80,18-55mm, 50mm and 70-300mm (all Nikon branded) for about $800

or you could get a 50d 

#KilledMyWife 

yeah, I spent $50 on my 1st setup and I don't see how a 12 year old can get $800 even... 

$20 camera

$15 tripod 

$15 4 gig sd card 

My family's moving so my parents said if I sell all my junk they would let me keep the monet (I have $1000 worth of pokemon cards alone)

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

My family's moving so my parents said if I sell all my junk they would let me keep the monet (I have $1000 worth of pokemon cards alone)

K den...

really.... $1000 no one would ever pay $1000 for a bunch of cards unless they are ****** up in the head. sorry to burst your bubble but I once tried to sell cards and its not easy 

#KilledMyWife 

K den...

really.... $1000 no one would ever pay $1000 for a bunch of cards unless they are ****** up in the head. sorry to burst your bubble but I once tried to sell cards and its not easy 

Well I'll at least be able to sell them all at half price and get $500 and still have a piano (yes a piano) some bookshelves and other misc. stuff

!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Well I'll at least be able to sell them all at half price and get $500 and still have a piano (yes a piano) some bookshelves and other misc. stuff

that's more realistic, I wish you luck 

#KilledMyWife 

that's more realistic, I wish you luck 

lol

exactly... 

equipment doesnt equal talent. photography is an art. you cant buy your way into being Michelangelo

I'm not literally just starting, I have used nice DSLRs before and I have taken pretty nice pictures with them

What are you most likely going to be shooting?

Keep in mind what I listed gives you a camera bag, tripod/monopod, and a memory card.

Also, a 50mm 1.8 lens is what I would consider to be a must have. 95% of the time that's what I'm using to shoot. http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/wch-imaging/

I'm not saying that that is a bad deal, but unless you're going to be shooting alot of video (the only good reason for a tilting screen) then the D3200 will probably be enough for you.

If you're planning to shoot stuff like sports (football, baseball), then the telephoto will be very useful for you.

15" MBP TB

What are you most likely going to be shooting?

Keep in mind what I listed gives you a camera bag, tripod/monopod, and a memory card.

Also, a 50mm 1.8 lens is what I would consider to be a must have. 95% of the time that's what I'm using to shoot. http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/wch-imaging/

I'm not saying that that is a bad deal, but unless you're going to be shooting alot of video (the only good reason for a tilting screen) then the D3200 will probably be enough for you.

If you're planning to shoot stuff like sports (football, baseball), then the telephoto will be very useful for you.

The nikon has the better picture quality imo 

#KilledMyWife 

Have you considered a micro four thirds camera? Most of them have manual controls and the image quality is very good.

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

I use a Nikon D70, it only has 6-7 MP and i get clearer pictures than my father who has a Nikon D7000, I would recomend getthing a DSLR because then you can learn more about shutter speeds and apertures, the reason i say this is because the DSLR get better photos ( usually) than a point and shoot, I would recomend a Nikon or a Canon, as for lenses i would just like to say that 90% of the time i am taking photos i am using a 18-55mm Lens, i only have two lenses 18-55mm and a 70-300mm lens for farther shooting, Honestly just get a camera starter like a D3000, or a Canon Rebel, they usually have sales at BestBuy for these cameras and then get a dynex best buy for the money tripod. that is my 2cents.

NIKON FTW! 

Rate The Photo Above Score- 8.75
~ Nikon D70~

PC Specs: 3.8Ghz Amd Quad, GTX 660ti, Asrock Extreme 4, Kingston Hyper X Beast Ram 16Gb, Kingston Hyper X 90GB SSD, 1TB HHD, NZXT Phantom 410.