What are the 3 most important parts for gaming?

GamerGuy

Just got a new computer and I wanna game on it... it's kinda bad but i will upgrading it with 100$ every week or 2...

What are the 3 most important parts for gaming in order?

Since I want to play games... what should i get first?

an 120GB SSD + 8GB Of RAM

7770 GPU + 8GB Of RAM

Or 3.4 ghz Quad core Processor (750k)

Currently I have:

3GB of RAM

Intel core 2 Duo (1.86 ghz)

Not sure about the rest but they are all bad

hi

Graphics card

Cpu

ram

everything else

If you want to improve your gaming performance the graphics card should be a first.

If you have to do it periodically, go GPU, CPU / MOBO then RAM but it'd be a better idea to wait till you have the funds and buy it in one fell swoop.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

GPU    You need a Monitor/keyboard/mouse ofc

CPU

Ram 

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

GPU, CPU, RAM. just save up all the 100$ and in a 3 months you will have the money for a new PC

Food, shelter, and water

You remind me of an old smosh vid :D my fav one :DDD

hi

GPU, CPU, RAM. just save up all the 100$ and in a 3 months you will have the money for a new PC

Isn't it worth just upgrading this one?

hi

Isn't it worth just upgrading this one?

No, if you wait 3 months (or even 2 months) you will have the money for a brand new PC that will blow this one out of the water, unless you only want to only spend 300$

Personally.....I went from a pentium with a 550ti to a 4670k with a 550ti, and i got a better performance upgrade then if i was to just upgrade the gpu. so if you still plan on using the system while you upgrade it, (providing your motherboard will supprot the cpu you plan to get) get the cpu + ram combo. and then get a high end GPU and SSD last.

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

Check your power supply first, if its really bad it might blow up so heads up. What is the model of your psu?

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Check your power supply first, if its really bad it might blow up so heads up. What is the model of your psu?

How can i check? ty

hi

Psu is the most important thing because if it dies everything else dies.

Gpu is second because with a bad gpu you can't game at acceptable fps

Cpu is next because that has to do some of the work and keep up with the gpu 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

CPU, GPU and PSU. You want a good CPU and GPU for getting the most of out of your games and a good PSU so it doesn't kill any of your parts if it breaks.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

How can i check? ty

Open your case and check inside what is the model of your psu or make a photo of it.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Open your case and check inside what is the model of your psu or make a photo of it.

l280p-01 that is my psu model, is it good enough? how much will i need?

hi

l280p-01 that is my psu model, is it good enough? how much will i need?

Well, Ok....fuck cpu - fuck GPU....you need a whole new build. If you have a pc which is running a dell psu, then good chance is you will need an enitre new rig

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

Well, Ok....fuck cpu - fuck GPU....you need a whole new build. If you have a pc which is running a dell psu, then good chance is you will need an enitre new rig

Exactly, you are right.

Nooooo :( omg i just bought a 120$ GPU why the sad news? :(

hi

Exactly, you are right.

Should i get a 400w psu too now?

hi

Should i get a 400w psu too now?

If you already bought GPU, what did you buy exactly?

I'd get something like corsair cx 500w depending where are you shopping, i can help you find a good power supply just link me to the store page.

If you already bought GPU, what did you buy exactly?

I'd get something like corsair cx 500w depending where are you shopping, i can help you find a good power supply just link me to the store page.

I prefer newegg or amazon but dont care really... i got this gpu 5min ago http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129275

I prefer getting a case that comes with a psu  because im scared about buying a psu that wont fit my small-mid case...

I'm also very very low on budget... got 40$ to spend and i can maybe maybe make it 50 :/ can you help me out? 

hi