Linus Tech Tips, mid life crisis?

Nightcrawler504

So it seems like the lately the channel is out of content or creative team is out of ideas, probably feels they have covered it all or just doing the same thing on different platform. Seems like the channel has entered its midlife crisis and some weird things are going on, uploads are the testament. I got to Linus Media first subscribing to as fast as possible, which is a great channel so basically the reasons I subscribed are the following in that order of importance.

1) Learning of new technology. Love the new segment of the work shop, there are plenty of myths out there waiting to be tested.

2) Comparing products or reviews of products I potentially want to buy, that’s saves me money cause I get a good idea if product may fit my needs and appreciate advice on what’s the sweet spot, bang for the buck that I can get, alternatives, pros, cons and possible other products I should look into or some kind of solution with equal or better results are also appreciated. So example do I choose an lcd, led, oled, plasma wich one is best for the money, should I dig into a projector too much info? do it in parts there is very unlikely a straight out answer so u can cover different situations and link videos on the description box so people can decide on what suits them best.

4) Keep up to date with trending technology, new tech and new tech solutions. For example nvme, skylake, quantum computers, ips, hardware, software, computers, gaming, tvs, screens, projectors, 3d, single boards, storage solutions, software optimization, vr… etc u get the point.

5) Guides and how to

6) Watch fun obnoxious stuff I can’t do, that u can just because, like the 2 gaming spots out of 1 cpu. Putting products to their limits how far can they go how much abuse and just random usage can they resist.

I would love you to include single board computers, comparisons maybe build guides on how to set them up as cloud storage, Projectors, can I do 3d on non-labeled 3d products, native resolutions and emulations, cellphones and their processors, security features.

I would also llike of you to make a child safe computer so you can leave your kids a computer and know they wont be watching unappropriated content.

If you want to augment your fan base plz make another channel for starters its great to make the community grow just don’t do it on a channel where you are talking about kernels, bios and overclocking. Thanks for your time and efforts. I would love for other people to help you find more content, sharing their interest, comments and what they would like to see.

Would also like to hear your stand on password managers

already saw it just saying what would you recommend finger picked

pretty sure they've mentioned this on WAN show before.

the channel is mostly targetted around technology, and new tech. and we're currently in a period where not much new tech is being released. (no new processors, gpus, etc.) and stuff like the 8 gpu server offers a lot of content to be made, but it also takes lots of time to make that content, so it'll take a while before that rolls out.

null

They are already doing all of this? What are you getting at? It's just slow right now because there isn't much new stuff.

I agree. LTT videos as of late have been pretty hard for me to watch :/

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

yep agreed, I think LTT is hitting a slightly rough patch. I like watching the videos, I enjoy the very quick pace, but where I found the video where Linus setup a nas and a pc on the one machine very interesting and informative, there have been many what I perceive as "fillers" I'm sure LTT have thought about this, but perhaps it would be an idea to select a topic to span two episodes (such as the video I mentioned) and go into more detail. 2x 15 min episodes instead of smashing through a topic in 15 mins. The trick of course is to keep the quick pace "getting to the point" of course, mixed with in-depth informative detail. If anyone can do it LTT can. I see so many videos on youtube where you just end up scanning forward the first 5 mins because "hey guys Joe bloggs here we're gonna talk about....." zzzz get to the point!

I think what might be better than struggling to come up with content all the time and having a bunch of videos nobody is really interested in watching, could be more of the vlog style videos.  Granted its not really ideal to have them over and over and over, but I really think that a few here and there helps connect with fans instead of bore them.  People spend a lot of their time watching these videos, and feeling connected to the people in them in some way, the occasional vlog kind of gives people a more personal window into the day to day operations or whatever and helps strengthen what the viewer feels rather than drive them away with content that is clearly running on fumes.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop