T-Mobile Streams YouTube WITHOUT USING DATA!

iCrushDreams

I mean, I have 5gb of t-mobile, so im fine

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

6 minutes ago, ivhyn said:

Didn't know this was cellular, thought it was wired.

However, making sure people can stream video all day is better in what way exactly...? If someone streams 50GB of youtube videos, how does it stress the network less than if he downloads 50GB of games?

Because with video you can reduce the quality so that it doesn't require as much bandwidth. A 50GB game will always be 50GB, but with 50GB of video you can reduce it down to 25GB, or even less. The quality will be worse, but that's the trade off customers seem to be willing to make.

45 minutes ago, ivhyn said:

Didn't know this was cellular, thought it was wired.

However, making sure people can stream video all day is better in what way exactly...? If someone streams 50GB of youtube videos, how does it stress the network less than if he downloads 50GB of games?

Because by throttling the stream down to 480p, the bitrate and therefore the bandwidth that needs to be put through the spectrum and load the tower will come at a much lower and more distributed rate than having to constantly hit the network with a 1080p stream which will do much more. By streaming at a lower bandwidth, you're effectively lowering the load on the network at once and distributing it over a longer period of time, which isn't nearly as bad.