Connecting servers to ups-es

I don't think so. I have not used the management ports on UPS's (yet haha). I am guessing you just connect it and then access the console via web/telnet from your network.

I am 99% sure you can just connect. Also it is better to use SuperUser for these types of questions, not StackOverflow :P

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

20 minutes ago, Bittenfleax said:

I don't think so. I have not used the management ports on UPS's (yet haha). I am guessing you just connect it and then access the console via web/telnet from your network.

I am 99% sure you can just connect. Also it is better to use SuperUser for these types of questions, not StackOverflow :P

Thanks. Hadn't heard of that site

If the UPS has an ethernet port (as opposed to a serial port in RJ45 as common on switches and routers) then you normally connect it to your network and not to any single server. And then the UPS manufacturer will have software than you install on every server that you want to shut off when the UPS battery is getting close to empty.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Most UPS come with a data/interface cable that plugs into your server via USB. APC does this for a lot of their consumer and enterprise models.

4 hours ago, alex75871 said:

Most UPS come with a data/interface cable that plugs into your server via USB. APC does this for a lot of their consumer and enterprise models.

Thanks